Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Draft 2021

Ann

2021 NFL Draft: Here are 4 ways not having the combine will affect prospects and evaluators
The absence of the combine will have a profound impact on the 2021 pre-draft process and more

• Pro day numbers get their time in the spotlight
  • Small-school prospects will have a harder time appearing
  • There won't be a wave of draft-stock fluctuations in early March
  • More reliance on film than any time in a while

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, Foxx said:

To me, this seems like a likely McBeane move. Anyone know anything about this kid? He is ranked 1st at his position(?).

He’s an athletic freak — but also very, very raw. Needed another year of competition to grow (imo) but has all the tools to bend the pocket and win a number of ways. I’d love this pick, but I don’t think he falls this low. 

• Like 2

Mel Kiper Jr. changes Bills pick in latest mock draft

ESPN’s NFL Draft guru in Mel Kiper Jr. has changed his mind a bit on the Buffalo Bills.

Releasing his second mock draft of the offseason, the move is Oklahoma State offensive tackle Teven Jenkins. In his first mock, the pick for the Bills was Alabama running back Najee Harris.

Here’s Kiper’s breakdown on the change:

This pick could depend on whether free-agent right tackle Daryl Williams returns and whether the Bills think former second-round pick Cody Ford could kick out to tackle. If they view him as a guard, tackle becomes an hole to fill. Jenkins played on both the left and right sides at Oklahoma State. I could see Buffalo targeting a cornerback if a guy the organization likes makes it to No. 30, and I think running back should be an option as well. This is a team that is close to being a Super Bowl contender.

2021 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule

The NFL Scouting Combine's altered format for this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the spotlight onto the 2021 pro day circuit, where NFL decision-makers will have the opportunity to see the top draft prospects perform on-field drills and learn their official measurements. Teams are limited to a maximum of three representatives at any pro day this year. Below is a list of confirmed college pro days in the lead up to the 2021 NFL Draft. ...

Buffalo Bills meeting stood out for JaCoby Stevens at Senior Bowl

... Stevens is an intriguing prospect for the Buffalo Bills and how he could fit in this defense. As Melo notes, Taylor lined up all over the field from EDGE to linebacker to playing corner and safety in the secondary.

Taylor said every team is looking for the next Jamal Adams, a former LSU Tiger, and what Adams brings to the Seattle Seahawks. The Buffalo Bills certainly could benefit from that type of versatility in their defense.

Another potential option would be that Taylor is the replacement for Matt Milano. The Bills are not expected to bring back their starting outside linebacker and Taylor who measured 6’2″ and 216 pounds at the Senior Bowl is physically similar to Milano (6’2″ and 223 pounds). ...

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Report: Browns interested in Buccaneers LB Lavonte David

By Gil Arcia

I am not opposed to this because multiple Mock drafts have LB Zaven Collins going to the Browns and I want him for the Bills

Better for us.........in the long view.

I just don't think you can pay that kinda money for a guy on the wrong side of 30, especially at that position. 

• Like 2

This is pretty interesting.  After Trevor Lawrence at #1, she does not have a team selecting a QB until Carolina at #8.

Cynthia Frelund 2021 NFL mock draft 1.0: Who teams should draft to win now

Welcome to my first official Round 1 simulation of the 2021 NFL Draft! My analytics-based mock is based solely on a contextual, data-driven model that aims to do one thing: maximize each team's potential to win as many games as possible in 2021. So, before you read any further, take note:

I am NOT attempting to predict or divine what teams will ACTUALLY DO on draft day.

</snip>

I use my draft prospect model, explained at the top of this article, to create a numerical value for each player. These ratings can be compared across years. Then I use my NFL model, which considers the market of potential free agents at each position, to create projected win-contribution metrics by player, position group and side of the ball. These get added up to predict win totals for the season. (Here's an example of these metrics for WRs.) The results quantify strengths and weaknesses of current NFL rosters. My model also factors in as many known elements of coaching philosophies (of the current staffs) as possible, and each team's 2021 opponents. Then, my model "selects" the draft prospect that would yield the highest win total for each team in the coming season.

</snip>

free.JPG

2020 Bills rookies only graded as 20th best class in NFL

Brandon Beane and Co. actually made their best picks on Day 3 of the draft. Midway through the fourth round, Buffalo took Gabriel Davis as the 17th WR off the board. Despite joining a loaded receiving corps, the rookie carved out a significant role as a big-bodied downfield threat, averaging a robust 17.1 yards per catch while scoring seven touchdowns. And what a wizard he is along the sidelines, producing numerous works of toe-tapping art in Year 1, including two a few seconds apart in his first playoff game. Sixty picks after the Davis selection, Buffalo hooked Bass. The rookie kicker struggled in his NFL debut — missing field goal attempts of 34 and 38 yards — but he bounced back and enjoyed a solid regular season.

On the flip side, it was the early picks by the Bills that left something to be desired in this list:

Epenesa was everyone’s draft steal when Buffalo scooped him up midway through Round 2, but minimal production has Bills fans hoping for a lot more in Year 2. Moss flashed the physicality and versatility that had some touting him as a dark-horse Rookie of the Year candidate before the season kicked off, but injuries kept him from taking ownership of an uninspiring backfield.

... Overall, the Bills were not the worst team in the AFC East in terms of rookie grades at least. The Dolphins took that honor, clocking in at No. 25. However, the Jets (14) and *Patriots (13) did fare better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

2020 Bills rookies only graded as 20th best class in NFL

Brandon Beane and Co. actually made their best picks on Day 3 of the draft. Midway through the fourth round, Buffalo took Gabriel Davis as the 17th WR off the board. Despite joining a loaded receiving corps, the rookie carved out a significant role as a big-bodied downfield threat, averaging a robust 17.1 yards per catch while scoring seven touchdowns. And what a wizard he is along the sidelines, producing numerous works of toe-tapping art in Year 1, including two a few seconds apart in his first playoff game. Sixty picks after the Davis selection, Buffalo hooked Bass. The rookie kicker struggled in his NFL debut — missing field goal attempts of 34 and 38 yards — but he bounced back and enjoyed a solid regular season.

On the flip side, it was the early picks by the Bills that left something to be desired in this list:

Epenesa was everyone’s draft steal when Buffalo scooped him up midway through Round 2, but minimal production has Bills fans hoping for a lot more in Year 2. Moss flashed the physicality and versatility that had some touting him as a dark-horse Rookie of the Year candidate before the season kicked off, but injuries kept him from taking ownership of an uninspiring backfield.

... Overall, the Bills were not the worst team in the AFC East in terms of rookie grades at least. The Dolphins took that honor, clocking in at No. 25. However, the Jets (14) and **Patriots (13) did fare better.

Well, I completely disagree.

I wonder if we are "penalized" in our ranking since we did not have a #1 pick ?

I think that our draft was top ten., and time will prove me right.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Well, I completely disagree.

I wonder if we are "penalized" in our ranking since we did not have a #1 pick ?

I think that our draft was top ten., and time will prove me right.

It's almost never fair to grade a draft the following year.  It's also not fair not to include Diggs in the draft class because he's ONLY on the team because we traded draft picks.

Diggs automatically makes the draft class Top 10.  We'll see how it looks after 2 more seasons.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's almost never fair to grade a draft the following year.  It's also not fair not to include Diggs in the draft class because he's ONLY on the team because we traded draft picks.

Diggs automatically makes the draft class Top 10.  We'll see how it looks after 2 more seasons.

Draft grades before 3 years out are meaningless.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Draft grades before 3 years out are meaningless.

Absolutely!

Yet they have to write something, and I can’t keep myself from clicking!  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1