Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

GME, Hedge Funds, Citadel and Reddit

Foxx

On 6/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, Just Jack said:

Dumped all my shares of AMC today.  Watched the stock price for about an hour when it was around $56/share.  It would go up a few cents, down a few, no real travel one way or the other, so I sold all I had.  Made a nice profit too.  That's right, I bought it back when it was $12/share.  Made around $175 on my 4 shares I had. 

Watching it now I think it's not moving because brokers are buying up the bids, and dealing off market with them to help keep the value low. If your on Truth yet, WallStreet Apes seem to be on it though I haven't been n there long enough to verify his info

Here is another interesting tidbit to add to this conversation

744cdc3db8d949d6.jpeg

Edited by Cinga

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case you didn't know.... AMC did their APE split today, and it's disgusting to watch the market over it today. There is supposed to be a pause triggered if stock goes up or down 10% too quickly, but magically that trigger only works on AME today id it goes up, and it happens to trigger at 2 or 2.5% today. When it falls they allow it to freefall with no trigger.

The fix is in, going to be interesting to watch as the week goes on.

Edited by Cinga
  • Facepalm 2

Nouseforaname
50 minutes ago, Cinga said:

In case you didn't know.... AME did their APE split today, and it's disgusting to watch the market over it today. There is supposed to be a pause triggered if stock goes up or down 10% too quickly, but magically that trigger only works on AME today id it goes up, and it happens to trigger at 2 or 2.5% today. When it falls they allow it to freefall with no trigger.

The fix is in, going to be interesting to watch as the week goes on.

The market in general is down today so I’m not sure if it’s related to any specific corporate action.

Nasdaq opened down 2.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

The market in general is down today so I’m not sure if it’s related to any specific corporate action.

Nasdaq opened down 2.

The halting of trading is certainly having an affect on the price as the circuit breaker kicks in on almost any gain in price

image.png.33015e514000d969307644a9e9d508fa.png

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

The halting of trading is certainly having an affect on the price as the circuit breaker kicks in on almost any gain in price

image.png.33015e514000d969307644a9e9d508fa.png

It’s expected for a stock to lose value post spinoff or am i missing something here?

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

What exactly are you saying? It was up 7% a minute ago.

APE is down from an open of 10.50 to 6.60 now

Currently AMC opened at 13.05 and is at 11.05

Both should be moving up

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

APE is down from an open of 10.50 to 6.60 now

Currently AMC opened at 13.05 and is at 11.05

Both should be moving up

Coming from someone who hasn’t followed the story, in a spin off, the sum of the two companies should be equal.

Obviously the hype has added some disparities to that logic.

22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

It’s expected for a stock to lose value post spinoff or am i missing something here?

They've (Citadel in particular but others too) have shorted the shit out of AMC and this should be forcing them to come up with those short stocks. Unfortunately they have typically taken over half the day trades off market which shows a lower volume visible to traders then, and helps keep the stock artificially low. 

So the early circuit breakers along with the off market trades are both working against the everyday little guy like you and I while the stock should be going up and benefitting everyone. 

Edited by Cinga

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

They've (Citadel in particular but others too) have shorted the shit out of AMC and this should be forcing them to come up with those short stocks. Unfortunately they have typically taken over half the day trades off market which shows a lower volume visible to traders then, and helps keep the stock artificially low. 

So the early circuit breakers along with the off market trades are both working against the everyday little guy like you and I while the stock should be going up and benefitting everyone. 

Me? I wouldn’t touch a meme stock if you paid me. I’m not a market timer.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Me? I wouldn’t touch a meme stock if you paid me. I’m not a market timer.

Me either really, I don't have a lot of it and had planned on getting out when it went above 20 but wasn't paying attention last week when it actually went over 25 for a while. It's just one of those stocks I hadn't planned to hold long as I knew it was moving up but I snoozed.....oops. I'll just sit on it a while now and see what happens.

But it does suck to see how much the market is actually manipulated by the big brokers and hedge funds during this.

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

in a spin off, the sum of the two companies should be equal.

Pretty much what happened with ATT and WBD. WBD has lost half its value since the split.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
38 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Pretty much what happened with ATT and WBD. WBD has lost half its value since the split.

Exactly, you lost value in the old company.

• 2 weeks later...

Bed Bath & Beyond exec ID’d as Tribeca ‘Jenga Building’ jumper: source

The chief financial officer of troubled Bed Bath & Beyond has been identified as the man who jumped to his death from the iconic new Tribeca skyscraper known as the “Jenga Building,” The Post has learned.

Gustavo Arnal, 52, who was also an executive vice president for the struggling home goods retailer, plunged from the 18th floor of 56 Leonard Street on Friday, police sources said. ...

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, devnull said:

People drawing comparisons to the 1970s might want to start comparing the 1930s when stock brokers were jumping out of windows

I see bandied about quite a bit these days where people say we will be calling what is coming the Greater Depression.

We obviously learned nothing from 2008. The exposure today dwarfs what it was a mere 15 years ago.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
On 9/4/2022 at 10:56 AM, devnull said:

People drawing comparisons to the 1970s might want to start comparing the 1930s when stock brokers were jumping out of windows

They’re all working from home so even if they jump out of their window, they would land on their lawn.