Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills' Sean McDermott labeled a 'loser' of Championship Sunday

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

USATSI_15479314.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Field goals, field goals and more field goals. That is NOT how you beat the Mahomes-led defending Super Bowl champs. Also, the Bills made way too many self-induced mistakes against a juggernaut. That can’t happen. McDermott’s defense just wasn’t buttoned-up. The offense was scattered. T.J. Yeldon in the I-formation in the red zone? Eh. Devin Singletary was a dud, too. Shoot, the Bills’ only effective runner was their quarterback.

Just a disappointing all-around effort from Buffalo. That goes back to McDermott, unfortunately leaving a bad taste in your mouth at the end of an extremely well-coached season

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/29/bills-sean-mcdermott-labeled-a-loser-of-championship-sunday/

• Like 1

Hindsight is always 20/20. The first FG I agreed with, the second....

Anyone can look at that game and see the Bills were out coached. As the article says, it was a bad ending to a well coached season.

42 minutes ago, Ann said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. The first FG I agreed with, the second....

Anyone can look at that game and see the Bills were out coached. As the article says, it was a bad ending to a well coached season.

More so on defense.  But if a couple of things had broke differently such as Singletary making that third down catch..................  I did not mind the second FG as the Bills were still very much in the game.  Hopefully, McDermott learned something for what will hopefully be a rematch a year from now.  We are in a pretty decent place at the moment with eight draft picks including all of our first three.  I don't want to lose Milano but I think he will not be back.  Might be a very good MLB between picks 30-40 to grab and maybe trade back.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Norm said:

Well the running game was broken almost all season. There needed to be changes at the bye but it never happened.

I would ask who was available at the bye and how readily that they could be incorporated into the offense?  If I could read Beane's mind the Bills accomplished about what he expected for the year and was not going to overreach in terms of draft or financial capital to sacrifice a multi-year plan.

Edited by RochesterRob

Ah, yes. The wonderful world of Adam Schein, where you're either the absolutely most dialed-in outstanding next-level,. simply incredible team and person of the year, or the most embarrassing dumpster fire shit show of the good, the bad and the Buffalo Bills.

Schein spent the entire season picking the Chiefs to go to the SB, and then changed his mind going into the playoffs to pick the Bills.

Who's the loser here again? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2