Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Texans GM Nick Caserio: 'Zero interest' in trading Deshaun Watson

You Dirty Rat

Without a criminal case to stand on, the plaintiff strategy is to continue to create embarrassment/public pressure on Watson and the NFL until he agrees to write a big check. The lawyers are already invested deeply enough that they will absolutely see it through.

Watson may be hard headed enough to not settle, but the NFL doesn't want those women testifying in court.

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Without a criminal case to stand on, the plaintiff strategy is to continue to create embarrassment/public pressure on Watson and the NFL until he agrees to write a big check. The lawyers are already invested deeply enough that they will absolutely see it through.

Watson may be hard headed enough to not settle, but the NFL doesn't want those women testifying in court.

Then the nfl may need to buy them off

Watson believes he did nothing wrong and the evidence disclosed so far supports that position

Billsandhorns
22 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Then the nfl may need to buy them off

Watson believes he did nothing wrong and the evidence disclosed so far supports that position

You've seen the evidence? Just because there wasn't enough evidence for criminal proceedings doesn't mean he did nothing wrong

• 5 weeks later...

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage

Barring one or more settlements, Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson eventually will stand trial in 22 different cases with 22 different juries regarding claims made by 22 different massage therapists.

Last week, Watson testified in one of the pre-trial depositions that a massage ended with the therapist crying, according to Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today. Watson also admitted that he sent her an apology via text message.

The testimony came in the case brought by Ashley Solis. She was the first therapist to go public with her claims.

Watson claimed he didn’t know why she had cried. Solis claims that Watson intentionally touched her with his penis during the massage, prompting the reaction.

“Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable,” Watson texted. “Never were the intentions. Lmk if you want to work in the future. My apologies.”

Asked why he sent an apology, Watson testified: “Yes, because she was teary-eyed. And I was trying to figure out what was going on.  So, I assumed that she was uncomfortable in whatever reason.  And we talked about working in the future.  And so, I said, `We can work in the future.  Just let me know.’  And then I sent my apologies as whatever reason she was teary-eyed for.”

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage

Barring one or more settlements, Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson eventually will stand trial in 22 different cases with 22 different juries regarding claims made by 22 different massage therapists.

Last week, Watson testified in one of the pre-trial depositions that a massage ended with the therapist crying, according to Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today. Watson also admitted that he sent her an apology via text message.

The testimony came in the case brought by Ashley Solis. She was the first therapist to go public with her claims.

Watson claimed he didn’t know why she had cried. Solis claims that Watson intentionally touched her with his penis during the massage, prompting the reaction.

“Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable,” Watson texted. “Never were the intentions. Lmk if you want to work in the future. My apologies.”

Asked why he sent an apology, Watson testified: “Yes, because she was teary-eyed. And I was trying to figure out what was going on.  So, I assumed that she was uncomfortable in whatever reason.  And we talked about working in the future.  And so, I said, `We can work in the future.  Just let me know.’  And then I sent my apologies as whatever reason she was teary-eyed for.”

</snip>

He apologized?

I'm genuinely amazed the grand jury didn't charge him.  Apologies are considered evidence of guilt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He apologized?

I'm genuinely amazed the grand jury didn't charge him.  Apologies are considered evidence of guilt.

I’ve have seen chatter that says exactly that. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

3-4 week suspension at most is the rumor today in League circles. 

That's about what I expect given past suspensions for various infractions.  Six at the most.

• Like 1

Looking back at the big picture of the Watson saga, starting from his unhappiness with the Texans to that insane guaranteed contract while only costing him the 2021 season and maybe 6 games out of 2022, Watson's massage antics seem to have been quite handy

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, devnull said:

Looking back at the big picture of the Watson saga, starting from his unhappiness with the Texans to that insane guaranteed contract while only costing him the 2021 season and maybe 6 games out of 2022, Watson's massage antics seem to have been quite handy

Somehow, I think it’s not he NFL records he’s at all interested in. He’s a trashy person. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Deshaun Watson’s lawyer expects NFL discipline by June, July

The fog around Deshaun Watson and whether he can actually play for the Browns could begin to clear this summer.

His lawyer told Cleveland.com on Friday that he believes the NFL will announce its initial decision on discipline by June or July.

“We should know what their position is initially sometime in June, and then everybody will figure out if there’s going to be a hearing about it or can people work things out, or whatever,” Rusty Hardin told the outlet. “The only thing that’s certain is that they want to try to get everything done this summer — and earlier than later in the summer. Past that, we don’t really have any firm dates or possibilities.”

Hardin said he believes the league will want to talk to Watson again, which would be for a fourth time. According to the attorney, Watson was questioned three days this week in Houston about the 24 allegations of sexual misconduct made by massage therapists against Watson.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ann said:

Another one added

the money grab expands

good thing these new plaintiffs watched HBO and were informed they were victims

Buzbee must have come up with a new marketing ploy and story line 

those expecting a big suspension for Watson are likely to be disappointed

Arm of Harm
5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

the money grab expands

The NFL doesn’t care about justice, about right or wrong. Look at their pattern of behavior. They accused the Patriots of cheating, punished them, then destroyed the evidence they said they had. Was the evidence destroyed to conceal the true magnitude of the scandal? Or were the Patriots being over-punished and shamed for a mere technicality? Regardless of whether the Patriots were being over-punished for something ticky tack, or under-punished for something really big, Goodell would have a motive for destroying the evidence.  

A more recent Goodell scandal was the way he handled the Redskins investigation. Nothing about the investigation was revealed to the public, except the Gruden emails. It initially seemed like Gruden would weather the storm, so more emails of his were released to force a resignation. The NFL sat on those emails for months, waiting to release them during the season when they’d be maximally disruptive to the Raiders. We also know the motive for this: Gruden had written disparagingly about Roger Goodell. 

Goodell lacks any kind of moral compass. His decision on Watson will be based on what’s best for Roger Goodell’s career, and possibly what’s best for his ego. 

So, what is best for Roger Goodell? On the one hand, I’m guessing there’s lobbying from players or their union to eschew significant punishment. Also if Goodell doesn’t punish Watson then he doesn’t admit there’s anything wrong, and that’s got to be tempting for him. 

On the other hand, some major media outlets have evidently taken the side of Watson’s accusers. That doesn’t make sense to me, because you’d think that Watson’s blackness would be of more value to the woke crowd than the femaleness of his accusers. Watson has not, to my knowledge, declared himself a political conservative, so there is no obvious motive for the media to want to ruin his career. While I don’t claim to understand the media’s motives in this instance, media pressure is something Goodell will take into account when making his decision. The media is telling plenty of lies about the NFL already, due to Flores’ lawsuit. Would that media storm lessen in intensity if Goodell punishes Watson? Would it become worse if he leaves Watson unpunished? These are the types of questions Goodell will ask himself before deciding Watson’s punishment. Justice, either for Watson or for the women Watson made feel sexually threatened, will have nothing to do with it. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Spartacus said:

the money grab expands

What, you're not going to suggest these 24 women were brainwashed by the CIA?  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

What, you're not going to suggest these 24 women were brainwashed by the CIA?  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

nah- - pure money grab orchestrated by Buzbee

no guns to be seized

Robs House
On 6/1/2022 at 7:06 AM, Spartacus said:

the money grab expands

I think you're right about this being a money grab, and I can't really see how the NFL could justify  suspending him, but I do think he's a creep. And that's coming from someone who has no problem with men frequenting a tug shop.

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
35 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I think you're right about this being a money grab, and I can't really see how the NFL could justify  suspending him, but I do think he's a creep. And that's coming from someone who has no problem with men frequenting a tug shop.

Frequenting a tug shop is different from getting women who don’t want to do that to come to a private hotel room under false pretenses, bringing your own tiny towel and refusing to use their’s, and rubbing your own junk on or near them.  If those things are true, dismissing these women as lying whores…..just because…..seems incredibly harsh.  

There probably won’t ever be real clarity on what happened and how many of the TWENTY FOUR women might be lying for money, but a good guess would be that the number is lower than 24.

• Like 2

Robs House
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Frequenting a tug shop is different from getting women who don’t want to do that to come to a private hotel room under false pretenses, bringing your own tiny towel and refusing to use their’s, and rubbing your own junk on or near them.  If those things are true, dismissing these women as lying whores…..just because…..seems incredibly harsh.  

There probably won’t ever be real clarity on what happened and how many of the TWENTY FOUR women might be lying for money, but a good guess would be that the number is lower than 24.

Yes, I know. That's why I said he's a creep.

And just to be clear, I didn't suggest the women were lying.  I have no problem with the cash grab, but that's what it is, even if they are telling the truth.

Edited by Robs House

Deshaun Watson’s alleged $5,000 payment to spa owner under scrutiny in massage cases

A Houston spa owner recently testified that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson gave her $5,000, and the reason for it was simply because “he’s a nice person,” according to a deposition transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

The spa owner, Dionne Louis, facilitated massages for Watson and helped provide him with women, according to a new lawsuit filed Tuesday against Watson. And now that payment – and why he gave it to her – have come under new scrutiny as Watson faces lawsuits from 23 women who accuse him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions from early 2020 to March 2021.

At least three of the 23 plaintiffs worked for Louis or were otherwise associated with her, according to court records. Louis, who owns “A New U Salon Spa” in Houston, described one of those three plaintiffs as her cousin, a woman who accused Watson of trying to force her to perform oral sex in 2020. 

</snip>

Louis testified in a pretrial deposition in May, when she was asked about the $5,000 payment.

Did you do something for that?” Buzbee asked, according to the partial transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

“What you mean did I do something for it?” Louis replied. “He's a nice person. Like I was in the struggle with COVID, so ...”

She said Watson gave her money only once, according to the transcript.

“And he just gave you that because he was a nice guy?” Buzbee asked.

“Yes,” she replied.

“OK. Because you asked for it?” Buzbee asked.

“Well, it was COVID and it was – he was blessing everybody,” Louis replied. “He had told me a story he blessed some cafeteria workers. He was a nice guy, really, really nice guy.”

She said she needed equipment for her spa: a “butt vacuum machine” that helps with cellulite and a “cryo machine.” But she testified she was having a hard time because of the COVID-19 pandemic and that Watson agreed to help her with $5,000. Her mention of cafeteria workers is an apparent reference to 2017, when Watson donated his first game check to cafeteria employees affected by the devastation of Hurricane Harvey.

An exhibit attached to the 23rd lawsuit filed Tuesday shows an apparent screen shot of a Cash App receipt for $5,000 from Watson to Louis, with the description “for machine.” It's dated Nov. 14 and came in 2020, Buzbee said.

Underneath the receipt, Louis apparently writes to a third party that she wanted $20,000 from Watson but got $5,000. The third party was a woman who became a plaintiff in these cases, according to the transcript. The first lawsuits were filed against Watson in March 2021.

“I told you I’ll show you how to get money from men that’s my specialty,” Louis wrote, according to the exhibit filed in court.
In her deposition in May, Louis said she didn’t remember writing that.

</snip>

• Like 1