Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Super Bowl LV Discussion

Ann

Marsha would step on Jerry Sullivan’s testicles on the way to cashing his game day check and not even notice that he did it. 

Jerry would write columns for months about the experience and not even care that his nuts had to be amputated. 

• Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm only slightly embarrassed to say I skipped the game. I'm just one of those weird people who can't stomach Marsha and how the cheating is ignored when he's talked about as GOAT. 

Qualifier aside, I spent the entire postseason telling anyone who would listen how clear it was that the refs were letting them play, and was surprised at how few penalties -- particularly defensive holding, offensive holding and PI -- were called. 

Were the calls against KC as bad as everyone seems to be implying? I know Marsha gets the calls, but was it as blatant as it sounds on social media?

It was what they got away with against us. Blatantly holding receivers downfield, pass interference, chippy stuff after the whistle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

1.  Define "a lot."

2.  This was a different officiating crew than the AFCCG and they weren't at all inconsistent in the context of THIS game.  The started calling holding and PI and didn't stop.  The Chiefs were blatantly holding like crazy far beyond 5 yards on pretty much every passing play.  Tampa's defense wasn't.  Something tells me the NFL looked at the AFCCG and didn't like what they saw.  Points generate revenue, especially from younger fans.

You know what they didn't call?  Mathieus for taking off his helmet after the play.  KC was unbelievably undisciplined and arrogant throughout this game.  The best example was Reid burning his timeouts with under a minute left trying to get the ball back.  That blew up in his face with the first pass interference penalty and Tampa finishing the half with a dagger TD.

Going into half time down 14-6 getting the ball to start the second looks pretty appealing now.

if i had Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, or Marsha..i am calling those timeouts. I had no issue with them.

13 hours ago, Ann said:

Jerry Sullivan is such a &#%$ing ray of sunshine. He needs to get over his love for Marsha.

Jerry has learned you get way interaction by trolling Bills fans than by being rational...ala Nick Wright. He is such a small man,I actually feel kinds sad for him having to troll for clicks. 

Edited by plenzmd1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

if i had Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, or Marsha..i am calling those timeouts. I had no issue with them.

It's great that you have that kind of confidence.  Against most teams that kind of bravado might not come back to haunt you but guess what?  The guy on the other sideline had one of the QBs you'd have that kind of confidence in.  WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY YOU DON'T DO IT.

The best case scenario KC was looking at was getting the ball back inside their own 20 with under 30 seconds and no time outs.  I don't know what their success percentage is on drives like that are, but I know what happens when you give Marsha an extra set of downs late in a half. 

So instead of having some momentum, going in down only a single score after a terrible half of football, and getting the ball to start the second half...the Chiefs were basically done for the evening.  Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

@Alaska Darin, we will disagree on this till he cows come home LOL...in retrospect the outcome was not good, so certainly seems your side of the argument was correct, but i like my coaches to stay aggressive throughout.

Having said that, KC made one huge tactical mistake, or the player made a huge mistake, inside the 2 minute warning. Was telling the few folks at my house primary goal at that point was to use all 2 minutes, or most of it.  i think it was on first down about 20 yd line. Cant remember exact design of the play, but running play taking the ball carrier outside the hash marks, and ball carrier going out of bounds. Saved 35 seconds for Tampa.

And people crying about officiating one way, me included, should look at that third down play. Kelce hit a good half second before ball arrives, no call. PI there gives KC first down. I cannot find it, but sure it will surface at some point.

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@Alaska Darin, we will disagree on this till he cows come home LOL...in retrospect the outcome was not good, so certainly seems your side of the argument was correct, but i like my coaches to stay aggressive throughout.

Having said that, KC made one huge tactical mistake, or the player made a huge mistake, inside the 2 minute warning. Was telling the few folks at my house primary goal at that point was to use all 2 minutes, or most of it.  i think it was on first down about 20 yd line. Cant remember exact design of the play, but running play taking the ball carrier outside the hash marks, and ball carrier going out of bounds. Saved 35 seconds for Tampa.

And people crying about officiating one way, me included, should look at that third down play. Kelce hit a good half second before ball arrives, no call. PI there gives KC first down. I cannot find it, but sure it will surface at some point.

What I found interesting about Reid's "aggression" was how much time KC was using in the second half when they were down 22 points.  So he's hyper aggressive at the end of the first half when it's not warranted but then not going tempo when there were clearly minimal possessions left in the game and you need a lot of points.

I don't remember the Kelce interference play.  I was only kinda watching the second half because the game was over before that horrible "entertainment" started.  That dude spent $7M of his own money on that, which was still a smarter decision than how Reid used his time outs.

Jabba The Hutt
23 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm only slightly embarrassed to say I skipped the game. I'm just one of those weird people who can't stomach Marsha and how the cheating is ignored when he's talked about as GOAT. 

Qualifier aside, I spent the entire postseason telling anyone who would listen how clear it was that the refs were letting them play, and was surprised at how few penalties -- particularly defensive holding, offensive holding and PI -- were called. 

Were the calls against KC as bad as everyone seems to be implying? I know Marsha gets the calls, but was it as blatant as it sounds on social media?

The one where Marsha chased Honey Badger across the field and Honey Badger got a penalty was one of the most laughable ones I've ever seen

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

What I found interesting about Reid's "aggression" was how much time KC was using in the second half when they were down 22 points.  So he's hyper aggressive at the end of the first half when it's not warranted but then not going tempo when there were clearly minimal possessions left in the game and you need a lot of points.

I don't remember the Kelce interference play.  I was only kinda watching the second half because the game was over before that horrible "entertainment" started.  That dude spent $7M of his own money on that, which was still a smarter decision than how Reid used his time outs.

Prior to getting Mahomes, Reid was known for very poor clock management.  Sunday's game did nothing to dampen that narrative.

Had no issues w/ the 1st timeout; but the 2nd one was a horrifically bad decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Agreed. The Kielce play was the 3rd down play on the Chiefs last series of the first half. Now, I would normally say it was close, keep the flag in the pocket. But the way they were officiating the game, it was definitely PI. 

no matter what happens after that call, whether KC gets a TD or still gets the FG, all time would have been used off the clock. 

17 hours ago, Ann said:

If you have the Athletic (paid site), you will want to read this. Agree? disagree? Can anyone else have Tampa Bay's success?

How the Bucs beat Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs: Pass rush was a coordinated attack

I agree with a good portion of this.  I haven't gone back and watched any of it but the few times I was paying attention it appeared the Bucs were not giving Kelce a free release, especially if he was  in a 3-point stance.  It appeared they were willing to let him catch some balls in intermediate areas but for the most part played him very aggressively.

• Like 2