Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Snowpocalypse - 2021 Edition

GG1

Tuesday afternoon, cleared about 5" in the driveway. This morning, had another 8" to clear. Then this afternoon, again, about another 4-5".  I've used my snow blower more this year than in the last two years combined. 

• Wow 1

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Tuesday afternoon, cleared about 5" in the driveway. This morning, had another 8" to clear. Then this afternoon, again, about another 4-5".  I've used my snow blower more this year than in the last two years combined. 

I thought your awesome wife did the driveway 😎😎🙃

Man if it ever snowed down here in NC this would have been the most brutal winter I’ve ever seen. It has rained pretty much every single day in 2021. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, shrader said:

Man if it ever snowed down here in NC this would have been the most brutal winter I’ve ever seen. It has rained pretty much every single day in 2021. 

If you're in the higher elevations it sounds like snow today.

Public service note:  Let's all try to keep our cool while shoveling.....

https://nypost.com/2021/02/05/picture-shows-pennsylvania-couple-killed-in-snow-shoveling-dispute/

On 2/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, Wacka said:

🙂🙂🙂 In Buffalo, if it was rain it would be a mist. Maybe  ½" all day.  Enough to dirty the windshield  following someone on the toad. Just have the wipers on the lowest setting. Very nice winter so far. Lake Erie is at 32, but hasn't froze over yet.

Dammit @Wacka, you cursed us! Looks like we are finally getting snow from one of the storms. It sure is purdy, but we had plans this evening.  Here's hoping it stops soon.

snow-1.jpg

We  were supposed to get anywhere from  4-18 inches (on the border of the two regions).  Have about 4-5 inches at most. Sun i peekng out in Cheektowga right now.

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Looks like it's coming our way.  The pussies already canceled tomorrow's INDOOR lacrosse games for the kids.

It’s going to snow inside? 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Dammit @Wacka, you cursed us! Looks like we are finally getting snow from one of the storms. It sure is purdy, but we had plans this evening.  Here's hoping it stops soon.

snow-1.jpg

We got about 3 to 4 inches here. Very light fluffy stuff.

• FANtastic 1

Just now, mead107 said:

It’s going to snow inside? 

I wouldn't put it past them to use that excuse.

to give you a hint, here's the signoff from the message:

"We want to thank everyone for continuing to make our league safe and sustainable and sustainable."

• Like 1

It was one year ago we got 18" inches.

Winter storm watch issued for Rochester region. How much snow will we get?

Heavy snow is likely across Western New York to start the week, with more than 9 inches of accumulation possible.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for the area from Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon.

Light snow should begin falling around daybreak Monday in Greater Rochester, continuing on and off into early evening with 3 to 5 inches expected, said Steve Welch, meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Buffalo. 

Greater accumulation is possible along the lakefront.

The heavier snow should kick off around midnight Tuesday morning, with a second storm front moving up the East Coast, Welch said. The region is on the western edge of that front, so totals could increase to the south and east of Rochester.

The storm watch stretches from Erie, Niagara and Chautauqua counties, across Cattaraugus, Allegany, Wyoming, Livingston, Genesee, Orleans, Monroe, Wayne and Ontario and northern Cayuge counties, on up to Oswego, Jefferson and Lewis counties. 

"Pretty much all of Western New York up to Watertown has the potential for 9 inches or more," Welch said. ...

Luckily I was only without power for 14 hours. Mostly ice damage in the valley. Trees. power lines etc.

Power outages persist; PGE, Pacific Power report over 200,000 still without service in northwest Oregon storm
https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/2021/02/power-outages-persist-pge-pacific-power-reports-over-200000-still-without-service-in-northwest-oregon-storm.html

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1