Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Snowpocalypse - 2021 Edition

GG1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:18 AM, Foxx said:

It was one year ago we got 18" inches.

Winter storm watch issued for Rochester region. How much snow will we get?

Heavy snow is likely across Western New York to start the week, with more than 9 inches of accumulation possible.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for the area from Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon.

Light snow should begin falling around daybreak Monday in Greater Rochester, continuing on and off into early evening with 3 to 5 inches expected, said Steve Welch, meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Buffalo. 

Greater accumulation is possible along the lakefront.

The heavier snow should kick off around midnight Tuesday morning, with a second storm front moving up the East Coast, Welch said. The region is on the western edge of that front, so totals could increase to the south and east of Rochester.

The storm watch stretches from Erie, Niagara and Chautauqua counties, across Cattaraugus, Allegany, Wyoming, Livingston, Genesee, Orleans, Monroe, Wayne and Ontario and northern Cayuge counties, on up to Oswego, Jefferson and Lewis counties. 

"Pretty much all of Western New York up to Watertown has the potential for 9 inches or more," Welch said. ...

Miss the good old days with the blizzards of 77 and 78.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Foxx said:

When I was in grad school we had a post-doc from India in our lab that was  on the 6th floor. He had heard about the leaves changing color and falling  and couldn't;t wait to se it. He had also heard about snow and ham much we get in Buffalo and couldn't believe we got around in the winter.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Ann said:

77 yesterday, chance of snow tomorrow... welcome to spring. 

I will say after April 1 the forecast is terrific.

I missed the beautiful day for the most part yesterday. I had a last minute call to do a complicated estimate that had to be done by this morning. Took most of my day that I had planned to be outside in the garden.

:shrug:

• Sad 1

We're only supposed to get ½ an inch by Friday in Buffalo.Last year it snowed in the first week  of May and in 2019 the last snow was 4/30.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly a snowpocalypse but everything was in bloom and this heavy, heavy snow has covered the lawn and trees.

I hope like heck this is not a repeat of the October Surprise storm.

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Hard to tell with the blown (@mead107) around snow but I'm thinking we got about 8 to 12 inches so far. 

Between 7 to 8 inches at my outpost in the Finger Lakes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Hard to tell with the blown (@mead107) around snow but I'm thinking we got about 8 to 12 inches so far. 

What's your temps?

That's the key.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, snafu said:

What's your temps?

That's the key.

It about 28 degrees right now. As it warms. that snow will get heavier. 

Just shoveled another 4 inches or so.