Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

• 3 weeks later...

With the Bills adding another offensive lineman - Forrest Lamp - I'm thinking Cody Ford is going to have to earn his starting position this year,

• Like 1

State of the Bills: Offensive line more than solid after additions

Depth came in the form of free agents Forrest Lamp, Jamil Douglas and Bobby Hart after the team kept entire starting unit together.

Rare is the NFL team with quality depth across the offensive line. The Buffalo  Bills certainly have to feel they're one of those few after some aggressive moves by general manager Brandon Beane following coach Sean McDermott's admission that a better running game in 2021 was as a top priority.

The Bills not only locked in right tackle Daryl Williams and right guard Jon Feliciano with contract extensions and convinced center Mitch Morse to take a pay cut, but they landed guards Forrest Lamp and Jamil Douglas and tackle Bobby Hart from the free-agent market.

All bring at least a decent amount of starting experience. ...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I’m pleased about this. I know some of you have been down on Boettger, and that he needs to improve in the run game; but I thought he did very well in pass protection, will continue to develop, and is a wonderful option to have coming off the bench or to start if thrust into action.

• Like 2

So... What if Brown is a stud and shows signs of cracking the starting lineup. With Dawkins, Williams and Brown, who are the starting tackles and who get kicked inside to guard? I'd think that Brown is probably too tall to play guard and since he is accustomed to playing RT, would Williams be better playing RG than Ford? Maybe kick Feliciano over to LG? Ford becomes the utility backup?

• 2 weeks later...

Gonzalez signed a rookie contract with the Arizona Cardinals after not being selected in the 2020 NFL Draft, but he was eventually waived coming out of training camp.

The 6’4″, 341-pound guard played three full seasons for the Nittany Lions while the team finished with a top-five overall rushing attack in the Big Ten.

Gonzalez was awarded second-team All-Big Ten honors by the mediaBig Ten coaches, and the Associated Press after his senior campaign. Additionally, he received first-team All-Big Ten honors by Pro Football Focus following his sophomore season in 2017.

Can't hurt to give him a try.

• 3 weeks later...