Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foxx

Mazi reminded me a bit of Darius. I’d pass. 
Bresee is interesting. A bit of a development prospect, but seems coachable. 

Edited by Nanker

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

If we don’t start calling Poona “Short Round” then we shouldn’t exist.

tumblr_ou9s3oAyHL1qmob6ro1_500.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Bills Senior Defensive Assistant and Defensive Line Coach Eric Washington addresses the media following OTA practice on Tuesday, May 30th. Topics include: the role Defensive Tackle Poona Ford will play in the defense, what he learned about the defensive lien after Linebacker Von Miller’s injury last season, the growth of the Bills young players, and what he’s seen from Head Coach Sean McDermott as he’s taken over play calling duties for the defense.

Eric Washington: “Continue to be Productive”

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
8 hours ago, Ann said:

Hadn't seen much about this signing. Quite happy with it. I mentioned here or way back ATOP that Floyd should be on the radar. Just what the Bills needed, an inexpensive experienced pass rusher who can still hit the 8-10 sack range this year.

Some 'Von Insurance' and will help push the young guys. Once Von Miller is back the DL rotation with him and Poona Ford added is looking really good. Nice mix of vets, young guys, guys on the rise (Rousseau/ Oliver) guys on the slide and just general big nasty proven guys on the IDL. Very happy with the pick up. Between Miller/ Floyd and Rousseau there are three potential double digit sack guys on the team.  Phillips got very close to that in this scheme when healthy too.

I also think Ford is a nice rotation piece with Jones and helps keep the investment in Oliver productive. Settle has flashed in the past and I'm hoping for a better season from him as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a DL gets traded for a mid level pick (4-6th)

Overall very happy with the DL moves this offseason.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 4

SquirminThurman

4th and 1 or 4th and goal and the Bills can line up Von Miller/ D Jones/ P Ford/ Floyd.... yes I'll take those chances.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Hadn't seen much about this signing. Quite happy with it. I mentioned here or way back ATOP that Floyd should be on the radar. Just what the Bills needed, an inexpensive experienced pass rusher who can still hit the 8-10 sack range this year.

Some 'Von Insurance' and will help push the young guys. Once Von Miller is back the DL rotation with him and Poona Ford added is looking really good. Nice mix of vets, young guys, guys on the rise (Rousseau/ Oliver) guys on the slide and just general big nasty proven guys on the IDL. Very happy with the pick up. Between Miller/ Floyd and Rousseau there are three potential double digit sack guys on the team.  Phillips got very close to that in this scheme when healthy too.

I also think Ford is a nice rotation piece with Jones and helps keep the investment in Oliver productive. Settle has flashed in the past and I'm hoping for a better season from him as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a DL gets traded for a mid level pick (4-6th)

Overall very happy with the DL moves this offseason.

Settle has an over $5M dead cap hit if he gets cut but I think you're right, at least one pretty good NFL DT isn't making this roster.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

This is awesome stuff (as usual) from Cover 1.  Leonard Floyd is a helluva get for GMBB.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

SquirminThurman
On 6/5/2023 at 6:23 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Settle has an over $5M dead cap hit if he gets cut but I think you're right, at least one pretty good NFL DT isn't making this roster.

Agreed, a productive DL may not make the roster. I wasn't thinking cut as much as a trade with Settle because I think he has 5-6th round trade value. Solid IDL/S can be found in those rounds.

Looking at OTC Settle has a post June 1st (we are already there!) trade of Settle yielding a $2.7 million cap hit this year. He has a voidable year in 2024 which will cost the Bills 1.35 million regardless of what they do, and the bonus he is owed this year, but it would also save $2.9 million against the cap this year and gain the pick.

It's a nice problem to have too many solid and very good DL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

SquirminThurman
57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is awesome stuff (as usual) from Cover 1.  Leonard Floyd is a helluva get for GMBB.

What is interesting is both Floyd and Von Miller can play on the line, in a tight or wide set, or play off ball. Really gives McDermott some flexibility with very productive players. There are so many combos the defense can employ.

Rapp gives some hybrid S/LB looks too, and he is a terrific tackler.

The Defense looks really good and very flexible. I hope McDermott has a lot of fun and is aggressive with this personnel.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

Agreed, a productive DL may not make the roster. I wasn't thinking cut as much as a trade with Settle because I think he has 5-6th round trade value. Solid IDL/S can be found in those rounds.

Looking at OTC Settle has a post June 1st (we are already there!) trade of Settle yielding a $2.7 million cap hit this year. He has a voidable year in 2024 which will cost the Bills 1.35 million regardless of what they do, and the bonus he is owed this year, but it would also save $2.9 million against the cap this year and gain the pick.

It's a nice problem to have too many solid and very good DL.

I was more thinking they're not cutting Settle because of the number and that he'd be moved instead (provided we could find a partner).  We're on the same page here.

• Cheers 2