Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hello everyone,

Westside

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You seem to have a major security problem with the board.  I was able to join.

good to see you, Tom. was hoping you'd find your way

welcome aboard, sir.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I have a feeling everyone's going to have me on ignore in six hours, and I'll be banned in 12, so it hardly matters.

And I wasn't "snoozing," I didn't find this site until not even five minutes ago.  No one told me of its existence...which, honestly, should be worrisome to some.  I found it by googling "TakeYouToTasker," and signed myself up.  If it's that simple, any mouth-breathing pinhead can manage it.

....hello, old friend. 

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

He's an idiot but a good person. Glad you're here Foxx. Always liked your posts and you were always fair with some of my controversial statements. 

we've had some fun. :caked:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

New board, fresh start.  This means for everyone.

Anyone is welcome to post here.  No one is required to interact with anyone they don’t want to, though in the spirit of making a clean break with our old home, I would ask that people interact with posts rather than posters.

One key difference will be that I will not tolerate bullshit.

Understand that to mean that individuals whose purpose here is to  attempt to bring down the quality of board for others will be dealt with.

This does not mean “someone who holds opinions I do not like”, or even “someone offended me or hurt my feelings” (though I would encourage a general atmosphere of tolerance and respect); please remember that you are all stake holders here, in the sense that you are actively creating the environment and culture you are going to be spending time in.

No one pisses in their own pool.

The higher the quality of interactions in the larger community, the more the work of bad actors stands out.

Make moderating them out easy.

Are you the SDS of this?

also, I have pee’d in my pool. I’m not proud of it, but it’s happened. 

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I just came back from the old board,

SDS just posted a thread about "how to make PPP better"

200.gif

Yep. Saw that too... almost like having competition is forcing the “do we want to alienate our users” question. 

14 minutes ago, Ann said:

Formerly 🙂 

Welp. Thanks for breaking rule #1 that I made earlier today when I got here after you. 

• Haha 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

I really didn't like you on PPP, did I?  I don't remember.

We're just calling this a fresh start.  Good to see you, frickin' moron. (c)

The way I remember it, you were always consulting me for my wisdom and advice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Welp. Thanks for breaking rule #1 that I made earlier today when I got here after you. 

Ummm I'll try and do better next time? :sorry:

• Haha 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

That's so false, Twitter wouldn't even censor it.

You upset me a time or two, but I always enjoyed your wit even when I was on the receiving end. 

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Everyone's still breathing and upright.  

Wife and I just got back from a week out-of-town, first vacation in a year.  For those who don't know - as I tried to keep it non-public on TBD - I've been working on the National Flood Insurance Program this year, about 70 hrs a week.  It is the most dysfunctional program I've ever seen - I had to report a company to the OIG for billing fraud, and watched them almost blow up the entire program over a weekend this summer ("Let's upgrade the production DB server this weekend!  Plans?  Who needs 'em.  Backups?  What are those?")

Before that was...USCIS.  Immigration.  Worked on background checks.  I could never really share...but while most of the people coming in the country are just people, you wouldn't believe some of the demons we get.  Had one background check cross my screen, the guy was applying for citizenship (meaning he already had permanent residency), and was wanted for aggravated murder in Somalia.  How in the hell does one become wanted for AGGRAVATED MURDER in Somalia???  I burned out on that after two years of reading child trafficking stories first-hand.

Point being...aside from venting, that I can speak from direct experience on quite a few topics.  Including that, while I don't agree with DR's wilder flights of posting, I've seen first-hand that some of what he's claimed the past five years is definitely happening.

Very glad to hear all is well with you and yours.  :tea:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I have a feeling everyone's going to have me on ignore in six hours, and I'll be banned in 12, so it hardly matters.

And I wasn't "snoozing," I didn't find this site until not even five minutes ago.  No one told me of its existence...which, honestly, should be worrisome to some.  I found it by googling "TakeYouToTasker," and signed myself up.  If it's that simple, any mouth-breathing pinhead can manage it.

what's up with the images associated with that search

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, snafu said:

I'm glad to be here.

Damn glad.

I've got to thank @Hedge for pointing this place out.

:beer: Noice! Glad to have you around, bud! 

54 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Since when?

:beer: Welcome, you'll love it here. 

35 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Thanks for the invite to the dark side.  So happy to be back among the living (from the neck up).

:beer: We're getting everybody back here! Love it. 

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You seem to have a major security problem with the board.  I was able to join.

About damn time! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Well" might be an exaggeration.  We're alive.  The humans, at least...lost one cat this year.  And had multiple health scares the start of the year (going to the ER in the COVID era is a complete shitshow - can we swear here?  I nearly tore apart an ER for wheeling my SIL out into the parking lot, in the rain, after not treating her gallstones, to wait for us to pick her up)  And the house has been an adventure - had a leaky faucet repair turn into a tearing out a wall, in to redoing the dining room, in to mold remediation, into a foundation repair and asbestos removal.  Faucet's fixed, though.)

But I'm employed and fed.  In 2020, that's not nothing.

So your welding and woodworking skills weren't needed?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Are you the SDS of this?

also, I have pee’d in my pool. I’m not proud of it, but it’s happened.  

I am not.  The board owner is @Foxx

I am, however, a stakeholder and moderator; and we’ve agreed to speak with one voice, consistently.

We’re hoping to foster an environment welcoming to everyone except devout shit bags.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I am, however, a stakeholder and moderator; and we’ve agreed to speak with one voice, consistently.

We’re hoping to foster an environment welcoming to everyone except devout shit bags.

Can I still make fart jokes?

I'm nothing without them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, snafu said:

Can I still make fart jokes?

I'm nothing without them.

The plan was to ban you if you didn’t make them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't have welding skills.

Woodworking...that was needed.  And physics.  "Hey, look, the load-bearing wall has rot.  I have to brace that and sister the joists..."  It really is good to be able to do most of this myself.

Also discovered that the previous owner buried an open electrical circuit behind pine wainscoting.   :classic_wacko:  It is amazing this place hasn't burned down yet.

Sounds like you didn't need an inspector ... 

We had minor portico work done where the inspector thought he knew more than a structural engineer and refused to sign off because we refused to open up the front wall to hang the beams to inside the house.

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’ll see myself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

I missed talking ball so I setup another account as Dragoon. I was a little disappointed in nobody recognizing it was me -- the name, and my avatar were Easter eggs -- nobody figured it out....but I hadn't posted there since I was banned a few years ago, which admittedly was a little my fault. Great to see ya active on here!

You have to admit, your Dragoon incarnation was a little more subdued than your previous but sometimes hilarious incarnation... 😂

• Like 4