Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Deranged Rhino

People learned nothing from the Watt drama :classic_laugh: (but this is fun)

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Deranged Rhino

Here's what Joey B had to say in the Athletic re Ertz: 

(link: https://theathletic.com/2455623/2021/03/16/bills-best-remaining-tight-end-options-with-rob-gronkowski-jonnu-smith-off-the-board/ )

Zach Ertz, Eagles

It all has to do with the cost for Ertz. After reviewing the film from multiple games from his 2020 season, coming before and after his multi-week injury, it was clear that Ertz can still play. While he might not be a YAC monster, the 30-year-old still has excellent movement skills, footwork and route-running ability. His best asset, though, is how he reads defenses. If he’s working against zone coverage, he knows how to challenge them to the second and third levels if there is a lapse in coverage. It also shows up when a play breaks down and the quarterback leaves the pocket, with Ertz quickly relocating to find a realistic throwing window while also trying to maximize a play. With a quarterback who likes to play out of structure as Josh Allen does, it’s an excellent pairing of skill sets. Ertz’s blocking isn’t award-winning but would also be an improvement over Dawson Knox.

However, it comes down to what it would take to acquire him. If the Eagles remain steadfast in acquiring a third-round pick for Ertz, that might be too high of a price for Beane to surrender. If the Eagles reduce the asking price to a fourth-round pick or later, that could be enough to keep the Bills interested. It is important to remember that the Bills do not have a fourth-round pick in 2021. However, they could move their fourth-round pick in 2022 to get the deal over the line. Ertz’s contract is entirely doable with the cap situation if the Bills traded for him, having only one year left on his deal with an $8.25 million cap hit. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Bills try for an extension with Ertz to reduce some of the 2021 cap hit.

Verdict: If the trading price is right, do it. Ertz would be an instant impact player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More on Lee and cap ramifications.

Wish him well. 

this might be the most astonishing trade I’ve ever seen. A blocking TE who is about to retired. I know the Falcons need a room guy, but is that really worth trading a draft pick?  

Beer__League__Hockey
13 hours ago, Dubs part Dub said:

this might be the most astonishing trade I’ve ever seen. A blocking TE who is about to retired. I know the Falcons need a room guy, but is that really worth trading a draft pick?  

It has to be a favor called in by Beane. He owes the Falcons one now

15 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Good thing that's not an impeachable offense. :classic_ninja:

47 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Maybe they owed him.

Someday - and that day may never come - I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as gift on my daughter's wedding day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

This is interesting. I read Hollister was more of a Lee Smith replacement. If they didn't run many 12-personnel last season with Lee Smith, why would they run more in 2021 with Hollister?

I think that quote was a snap analysis, without taking into consideration Hollister's pass catching ability.  He was used a lot as an H-Back in Seattle helping out with the run, but he also had the highest number of targets for TEs last year.  His numbers weren't too far off Knox's, but the TE load was spread among three guys there.  

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I will be very surprised if we don't take a TE high (first 3 rounds) and perhaps a project TE later or via UDFA.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Cheers 1

• 2 months later...