Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

[As we move through the off-season, We thought it might be good to have threads dedicated to position groupings so as to better keep track of what is going on with each. As always, you are free to start your own thread on any subject. We just ask that if you do, cross post it to the respective [positional grouping] thread for ease of reference by others.]

Deranged Rhino
55 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

[As we move through the off-season, We thought it might be good to have threads dedicated to position groupings so as to better keep track of what is going on with each. As always, you are free to start your own thread on any subject. We just ask that if you do, cross post it to the respective [positional grouping] thread for ease of reference by others.]

RB is on my list of priories to upgrade, just not above OL, TE, CB2. But picking at 30 makes someone like Harris mighty hard to pass up. 

I probably still would for a OT or OG, but it’d make me think hard about it. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

RB is on my list of priories to upgrade, just not above OL, TE, CB2. But picking at 30 makes someone like Harris mighty hard to pass up. 

I probably still would for a OT or OG, but it’d make me think hard about it. 

I’m always for drafting O-line and D-line players high. 

Good lines make every other player’s life easier and you can mask lesser talent at other positions, if necessary. 

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, snafu said:

Good lines make every other player’s life easier and you can mask lesser talent at other positions, if necessary. 

Same. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, snafu said:

You've got to have strong trenches. Everything is an extension from there.

• Like 4

Hard to judge the RBs, they really weren't used that much. Was the lack of production on them, or was it on the o-line?

It's like trying to determine if Bass and his stupid eye black had an effect on Bojo's punting. The dude barely worked last season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Koko said:

Hard to judge the RBs, they really weren't used that much. Was the lack of production on them, or was it on the o-line?

A little bit of both.

If you recall from the rookie year's discussions, the biggest knock on #26 was lack of explosiveness through the hole.  That hasn't changed this year.

So while he is very good in traffic to evade tacklers, he misses a lot of yards by not being able to quickly hit a hole.  He's the opposite of Edmunds in the open holes.    That's what had everyone excited about Wade.  His vision and speed was so much better than Singletary's in the preseason.

Moss was a tad better, but still not good enough to be THE RB

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

A little bit of both.

If you recall from the rookie year's discussions, the biggest knock on #26 was lack of explosiveness through the hole.  That hasn't changed this year.

So while he is very good in traffic to evade tacklers, he misses a lot of yards by not being able to quickly hit a hole.  He's the opposite of Edmunds in the open holes.    That's what had everyone excited about Wade.  His vision and speed was so much better than Singletary's in the preseason.

Moss was a tad better, but still not good enough to be THE RB

I'm no scout but Jermar Jefferson passed the eye test against Oregon this year. Maybe take a flyer on him if he is still available in the latter rounds.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-first-running-back

"But of the back half of the odds available, I really like Oregon State RB Jermar Jefferson. He’s the most talented of any back after C.J. Verdell, and maybe more so. Jefferson was a freshman All-American and the Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year in 2018, but injured his ankle in the second game of the season and was never right for the remainder of the year, missing three games and another three starts. The combination of speed and power in Jefferson’s frame is certainly NFL-caliber, and if he’s healthy, he’ll go earlier than several names above him on the list"

I've seen some reports high on Dominic Felton (UCLA) from Senior Bowl week.    Seems to be a solid all around back, but the speed didn't jump out in the film.

The Guy In Pants

I have running back pretty high on my list as well. I am thinking FA may be a pretty good place to find someone who can fill in for a couple years and provide a nice buffer between SIngletary and Moss. 

Some young UFA out to prove himself on a team without a clear number one. 

2 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I have running back pretty high on my list as well. I am thinking FA may be a pretty good place to find someone who can fill in for a couple years and provide a nice buffer between SIngletary and Moss. 

Some young UFA out to prove himself on a team without a clear number one. 

As much as I loathe to spend a first on a running back, if Harris is there at 30 I'd have a hard time passing on him.

• Like 2

The Guy In Pants
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

As much as I loathe to spend a first on a running back, if Harris is there at 30 I'd have a hard time passing on him.

I won't lie. Outside of Bills games; I haven't watched or followed shit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The run at 1:54 is the seller.  Hole is open for a brief moment, he hits it fast and off to the races.  Bills don't have an RB who can do that.

• Like 3

Just now, GG1 said:

The run at 1:54 is the seller.  Hole is open for a brief moment, he hits it fast and off to the races.  Bills don't have an RB who can do that.

He reminds me so much of young Thurman Thomas.  You can line him up anywhere and he'll just kill you once you get him the football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can easily see Beane deciding to push hard in an effort to make the offense unstoppable, so despite the weaknesses on D would not be at all surprised with Harris (if available) or OL in the first round.

• Like 1

He reminds me so much of young Thurman Thomas.  You can line him up anywhere and he'll just kill you once you get him the football.

Me likie.  That was who I thought he looked like... a young Thurman Thomas. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Impressive. I agree that if he's there at 30, he'd be hard to pass on.

The only question I have is how is this kid at picking up blitzers?

Another 2021 mock draft has dynamic RB Najee Harris to Bills

... On Friday, NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein released his latest mock ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft in April. In it, the Bills select Harris. It’s the second time that Harris has been mocked to the Bills in a prominent mock draft recently as ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. did the same.

Considering his talent, Harris to the Bills is an intriguing idea.

On the latest Bills-Harris connection, here’s the NFL.com reasoning:

The Bills took a big step forward in 2020, but they need more balance in their offense. The physical three-down runner with talent as a receiver out of the backfield could immediately upgrade not just the running game but the offense overall. ...

• Like 4

On 2/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Astro thinks so too.

Najee is the fastest of the over-230 RBs, with 4.4 speed at 230 pounds. Harris had the second-most Missed Tackles/Touch since 2018 (min 250 rushes) ... Number 2 in 2019 was Devin Singletary, and #3 last year was Zack Moss! 

• Like 2