Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

Astro thinks so too.

Najee is the fastest of the over-230 RBs, with 4.4 speed at 230 pounds. Harris had the second-most Missed Tackles/Touch since 2018 (min 250 rushes) ... Number 2 in 2019 was Devin Singletary, and #3 last year was Zack Moss! 

Tried to get our friend Astro to come here. He considered it.  Left ATOP because 'big guy" told him to stop linking his drafttek stuff.  he would be a great addition as a writer here

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Tried to get our friend Astro to come here. He considered it.  Left ATOP because 'big guy" told him to stop linking his drafttek stuff.  he would be a great addition as a writer here

How petty. 

Deranged Rhino
19 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Would love Astro here, and his drafttek stuff would be welcome. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Would love Astro here, and his drafttek stuff would be welcome. 

@Foxx, do you have his contact info or would you like me to have him contact you too?

9 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

@Foxx, do you have his contact info or would you like me to have him contact you too?

Hey @Fansince88.

Not sure I personally know Astro and as such don't really know what would be best here. Would love to have him and his insights here though. Did he ever respond to your overtures? 

If you like you can PM me with regard (not that you really need permission though).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hey @Fansince88.

Not sure I personally know Astro and as such don't really know what would be best here. Would love to have him and his insights here though. Did he ever respond to your overtures? 

If you like you can PM me with regard (not that you really need permission though).

You dont know Astro????? YOU DONT KNOW ASTRO!!!!! LOL. message coming.

• Haha 3

On 2/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, GG1 said:

A little bit of both.

If you recall from the rookie year's discussions, the biggest knock on #26 was lack of explosiveness through the hole.  That hasn't changed this year.

So while he is very good in traffic to evade tacklers, he misses a lot of yards by not being able to quickly hit a hole.  He's the opposite of Edmunds in the open holes.    That's what had everyone excited about Wade.  His vision and speed was so much better than Singletary's in the preseason.

Moss was a tad better, but still not good enough to be THE RB

Our Oline, while mostly solid in pass pro, generates zero push in the run game.  I don't think our RBs are amazing but our run game woes have more to do with blocking than talent at the RB position in my opinion.  It does appear that Moss and Singletary are similar players despite Moss having been billed as a power back.  A speedster who can catch or a true power back would be good additions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Our Oline, while mostly solid in pass pro, generates zero push in the run game.  I don't think our RBs are amazing but our run game woes have more to do with blocking than talent at the RB position in my opinion.  It does appear that Moss and Singletary are similar players despite Moss having been billed as a power back.  A speedster who can catch or a true power back would be good additions. 

Nobody is going to confuse the Bills OL with a mauling wrecking crew.  But it doesn't help that the RBs are not that good in hitting the open spots when they're there.

Singletary was benched after he whiffed on the pass in the first quarter, and Yeldon was a tad better in the run.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings on selecting a RB.  The two backs are solid but not burners.  Singletary had a great average in his rookie year, solid last year.

It appears that the blocking and scheme are more the issues as many times there were defenders in the backfield.  Tough to run when you are met quickly.

So my fix is:

1.  Improve the scheme.  Daboll has done wonders with the pass scheme.  The run scheme is not inventive and is too basic.  If needed, bring in a run game coordinator to assist.

2.  Improve the OL.  Retain Williams, cut Morse and retain/move Feliciano to center.  Ford returns to one guard position, use a high (ok with first if right guy) draft pick on second guard.

3.  Draft a speed guy in late rounds as a change of pace.

If you can't retain Williams then you may need to keep Morse and draft an OT to replace Williams.

Deranged Rhino
15 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

I have mixed feelings on selecting a RB.  The two backs are solid but not burners.  Singletary had a great average in his rookie year, solid last year.

It appears that the blocking and scheme are more the issues as many times there were defenders in the backfield.  Tough to run when you are met quickly.

So my fix is:

1.  Improve the scheme.  Daboll has done wonders with the pass scheme.  The run scheme is not inventive and is too basic.  If needed, bring in a run game coordinator to assist.

2.  Improve the OL.  Retain Williams, cut Morse and retain/move Feliciano to center.  Ford returns to one guard position, use a high (ok with first if right guy) draft pick on second guard.

3.  Draft a speed guy in late rounds as a change of pace.

If you can't retain Williams then you may need to keep Morse and draft an OT to replace Williams.

Yup. How the FO views their OL solutions will impact what they do at RB in the draft. My hunch from reading/listening to Beane is that they're not planning on picking a RB in the top 3 rounds -- but I think they're assuming Harris won't be there at 30. If he is, he'll be tough to pass up especially with OL seemingly being one of the deeper positions in this class. 

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Cookie Gilchrist, Roosevelt Leaks, Christian Okoye, Earl Campbell. 
If The Bills had a RB like that they would terrorize The League. I like the kid from Bama. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Cookie Gilchrist, Roosevelt Leaks, Christian Okoye, Earl Campbell. 
If The Bills had a RB like that they would terrorize The League. I like the kid from Bama. 

I would love to see prime Fred Jackson on this team.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ann said:

they only need to run the ball more

but- stop telegraphing when they want to run out of specific packages and formations

should be running out of spread formations and draw plays 

will greatly enhance the effectiveness with the same cast of characters

must resign Williams at RT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

The running game needs to be worked on. Whether that is line, a better RB stable, or more calls to the RBs, I do not know:

It would be my opinion that the pieces we have on the O-line are not terrible and may be better served by having a run game coordinator and perhaps a different O-line coach. That being said, a bruiser running back wouldn't hurt either, is Williams that guy, might be?

• Like 1

Similar to the TE group, I would invest in other areas before addressing the RB group.  Draft a burner in the late rounds as a change of pace back.