Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I expect it. Also isnt it Shingleberry?

For me, it's been 'Smoke and Mirrors.' 😁

I welcome the upgrade.

• Haha 1

From the Twitter comments it seems like everyone's ready to bail on Singletary and I really don't understand why. I know last season was a bit of a disappointment, but he still had almost 700 rushing yds and averaged 4.4 ypc while splitting time with Moss behind a line that struggled at times to open up holes.

Not saying I'd mind adding a fast RB with hands to the mix, but Singletary still brings a lot to the table IMO.

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Robs House said:

From the Twitter comments it seems like everyone's ready to bail on Singletary and I really don't understand why. I know last season was a bit of a disappointment, but he still had almost 700 rushing yds and averaged 4.4 ypc while splitting time with Moss behind a line that struggled at times to open up holes.

Not saying I'd mind adding a fast RB with hands to the mix, but Singletary still brings a lot to the table IMO.

I have mixed feelings about Singletary and I'll admit falling flat on his face in the AFC Championship left a bad impression. Seems to have below average catching abilities in a pass heavy O. Needs excessive amount of touches to be productive IMO. I don't know @Robs House

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robs House said:

From the Twitter comments it seems like everyone's ready to bail on Singletary and I really don't understand why.

His rookie year, he made people miss. Last year, that elusiveness was gone, and he was swallowed up play after play. He never seemed to get those tough extra yards we needed. I wouldn't say he needs to go, but, I don't see him as a #1. He's quite a bit smaller than my ideal #1 RB {which of course is extremely subjective}. Nothing personal against Singletary – He's from my old stomping ground of Boca, and I'm rooting for him. I just see him as a poor-man's Alfred Morris.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Robs House said:

I agree, I’m not at all ready to give up on him (or Moss). For me the interest in upgrading is driven mainly by how the draft board seems to be falling. I don’t love a RB in round one most years, but for this team picking at 30, Harris or Etienne would be mighty tempting. That’s not a knock on Motor or Moss as much as it is a statement about how well built the rest of the roster is at the moment. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Robs House said:

https://twitter.com/MafiaNumbers/status/1378025826587963401

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I agree, I’m not at all ready to give up on him (or Moss). For me the interest in upgrading is driven mainly by how the draft board seems to be falling. I don’t love a RB in round one most years, but for this team picking at 30, Harris or Etienne would be mighty tempting. That’s not a knock on Motor or Moss as much as it is a statement about how well built the rest of the roster is at the moment. 

That extra year of control with an elite running back adds to the probability.  Obviously it depends on how the board falls but I suspect at least one of the top 3 RBs in this class will be there when we pick.  The question is "who else is there and are they a better value?"

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That extra year of control with an elite running back adds to the probability.  Obviously it depends on how the board falls but I suspect at least one of the top 3 RBs in this class will be there when we pick.  The question is "who else is there and are they a better value?"

We all know McDermott might like a CB for our 1st pick or whatever BPA falls on the board.
However this feels similar to 2020 when the Chiefs took Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 32.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Singleterry is a team player and a process guy. He's not invaluable but he has value. He's a good blocker who belongs in the league. He's as good as any RB we have had in 3 years, including McCoy

On 2/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Would love Astro here, and his drafttek stuff would be welcome. 

I think you should always pay attention to who you are linking up with and I could see when dealing with a high volume of users where this could become a problem IMO.

Draft sites on the other hand promote players and are on the up and up for the most part IMO. Damond Talbot with Draft Diamonds is a good example. Small school agent with an inside scoop on the Bills from time to time.  Nice guy IMO. Speaking of RB

Talbot has Najee Harris going to the Bills ( before Miami trade )

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2021/nfl-draft-diamonds-2021-damond-talbot?date=2021-03-07

Astro's awesome, he really is...

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, Figster said:

I think you should always pay attention to who you are linking up with and I could see when dealing with a high volume of users where this could become a problem IMO.

Draft sites on the other hand promote players and are on the up and up for the most part IMO. Damond Talbot with Draft Diamonds is a good example. Small school agent with an inside scoop on the Bills from time to time.  Nice guy IMO. Speaking of RB

Talbot has Najee Harris going to the Bills ( before Miami trade )

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2021/nfl-draft-diamonds-2021-damond-talbot?date=2021-03-07

Astro's awesome, he really is...

I met Dean at training camp a few years. First moment I felt he was a gentle soul and had a good heart. Had a gentle personality about him. Spent a couple of camp visits sitting with him and pointing out plays and discussing the team. Learned more in 2 hours of sitting with him then years of watching the game. Then when you read his bio here you realize his 44 years of employment as a special education teacher is why he luminates that special soul and why I was able to learn from him...LOL. Great guy and I have asked him aboard a few times via text and FB message. I believe (and I could be wrong) he is a bit gun shy of getting into another forum due to his treatment ATOP (that is a fact and not presumption). You however can read his daily posts here and possibly drop him an email and let him know how much you appreciate his posts he used to put up ATOP:  https://www.drafttek.com/contactus.html

• Like 6
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

I met Dean at training camp a few years. First moment I felt he was a gentle soul and had a good heart. Had a gentle personality about him. Spent a couple of camp visits sitting with him and pointing out plays and discussing the team. Learned more in 2 hours of sitting with him then years of watching the game. Then when you read his bio here you realize his 44 years of employment as a special education teacher is why he luminates that special soul and why I was able to learn from him...LOL. Great guy and I have asked him aboard a few times via text and FB message. I believe (and I could be wrong) he is a bit gun shy of getting into another forum due to his treatment ATOP (that is a fact and not presumption). You however can read his daily posts here and possibly drop him an email and let him know how much you appreciate his posts he used to put up ATOP:  https://www.drafttek.com/contactus.html

Agreed.

While I have never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, I have always enjoyed reading his postings through the years. Especially loved his training camp reports.

In an effort to try and recruit him, we spoke on the phone the other day for a little over 20 minutes. We had a pleasant exchange where we both expressed a number of things. One of the things he mentioned was that, with Bilsfambase (Del Reid's site), draftteck and another personal event that is going to consume most of his days for the next month and a half, he is quite busy these days.

He did say however that he would check the site out and give consideration to possibly contributing some content here in the days ahead, as time might allow.

One of the things I expressed to him, are what we are doing here that would help to promote his content. I, as I'm sure most of you do, hope that he decides to post content here.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 3

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Agreed.

While I have never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, I have always enjoyed reading his postings through the years. Especially loved his training camp reports.

In an effort to try and recruit him, we spoke on the phone the other day for a little over 20 minutes. We had a pleasant exchange where we both expressed a number of things. One of the things he mentioned was that, with Bilsfambase (Del Reid's site), draftteck and another personal event that is going to consume most of his days for the next month and a half, he is quite busy these days.

He did say however that he would check the site out and give consideration to possibly contributing some content here in the days ahead, as time might allow.

One of the things I expressed to him, are what we are doing here that would help to promote his content. I, as I'm sure most of you do, hope that he decides to post content here.

Glad one of you reached out to the other. Not sure how close you are to the Rochester area but if they ever have open camp there and you can go when he is there you will be amazed. You wouldn't think he is taking notes about practice yet when he writes his notes they are just as you saw. Glad he is considering it and we shall link away! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I feel the same. Learned more from reading Astro's notes then any sports beat writer on the planet. Very engaging, perfect amount of humor sprinkled in. We would all be very fortunate If Astro would be kind enough to stop by on occasion. So If you your reading our post Astro, this is a special site. Felt the warmth the minute I joined. Belong to many Bills forums and the posters you see gathering here are some of the best in the business. We love you man.

Speaking of good writers how about a shout out to @Shaw66.

Anyone happen to know what Lori Chase is up to these days? Awesome Bills Historian/beat writer. Used to do really good Bills game day reviews with a brief run down on the last matchup between the two teams.

On a side note what happens on popular sites as they take on more and more patrons. The amount of posters with hidden agendas also grows. Before you know it the site you come to discuss Bills football is overrun with propaganda you didn't particulary want to read. 

Something to think about...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I feel the same. Learned more from reading Astro's notes then any sports beat writer on the planet. Very engaging, perfect amount of humor sprinkled in. We would all be very fortunate If Astro would be kind enough to stop by on occasion. So If you your reading our post Astro, this is a special site. Felt the warmth the minute I joined. Belong to many Bills forums and the posters you see gathering here are some of the best in the business. We love you man.

Speaking of good writers how about a shout out to @Shaw66.

Anyone happen to know what Lori Chase is up to these days? Awesome Bills Historian/beat writer. Used to do really good Bills game day reviews with a brief run down on the last matchup between the two teams.

On a side note what happens on popular sites as they take on more and more patrons. The amount of posters with hidden agendas also grows. Before you know it the site you come to discuss Bills football is overrun with propaganda you didn't particulary want to read. 

Something to think about...

I believe this is because we are here mostly for the same reason. WE love the Bills. Glad this is growing slowly. @Foxx might not be as glad but we can police ourselves as we grow and I think that is cool. Even the Chat Box is that way.

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I believe this is because we are here mostly for the same reason. WE love the Bills. Glad this is growing slowly. @Foxx might not be as glad but we can police ourselves as we grow and I think that is cool. Even the Chat Box is that way.

You do realize now however the chat box might be harder to police with Figgy in it. He gets Figgy with it from time to time. 

I'm just saying, I'll throw some love poetry at you Fansince88, I swear I will

• Haha 1