Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

CBS Sports has been running a series about the best five players at every pick (1-32).

The top five at pick #12 included this running back:

5. RB Marshawn Lynch

2007 NFL Draft: Round 1, No. 12 (California, Berkeley)
Team(s): Bills (2007-10), Seahawks (2010-15, 2019), Raiders (2017-18)

Three seasons into his NFL career, Lynch looked like he may be on his way out of stardom. Despite two straight 1,000-yard seasons as a young workhorse for the Bills, the Cali product opened 2009 with a suspension stemming from an offseason arrest, then averaged fewer than 4 yards per carry before being traded midseason in 2010. It turns out the relocation boosted Lynch's revival, and the hard-nosed running back went on to become an all-time Seahawk, not to mention one of the most revered players of his time.

</snip>

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 6:33 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Arguably my favorite BILL ever.  No one got more outta his talent or was  a better dude.  He might be the best RB I ever saw at setting up/using blocking and I don't remember a single carry where the first guy who touched him brought him down without help.

It's too bad the idiots in the BILLS' front office kept using high draft capital to try to replace him.

You would see him hit a pile of players 5 yards deep and see him squirt out the other side like a watermelon seed between your fingers. Then take it to the secondary. Imagine him with Josh!!

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 4/14/2021 at 6:33 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Arguably my favorite BILL ever.  No one got more outta his talent or was  a better dude.  He might be the best RB I ever saw at setting up/using blocking and I don't remember a single carry where the first guy who touched him brought him down without help.

It's too bad the idiots in the BILLS' front office kept using high draft capital to try to replace him.

6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

You would see him hit a pile of players 5 yards deep and see him squirt out the other side like a watermelon seed between your fingers. Then take it to the secondary. Imagine him with Josh!!

100% agreed on all counts but one. He’s my second favorite player after Tasker.

And man, would he have been the perfect back for this offense. He was an unreal blocker and pass catcher, in addition to his running ability. He’d have been a player that defenses would have to account for on every play, and a threat in so many positionally groupings, opening things up even more and constantly keeping defenses on their heels.

• Like 5
  • FANtastic 1

SBChamps2021

I don't think we are as bad at RB as it would seem. I like Breida and he's got wheels we haven't had in the backfield recently. While it seems Harris, Etienne or Williams would put us over the top, I'm leaning toward the assessment that we lost the AFC Championship Game and some other games in 2020 in the trenches.  

I really like how we addressed most of our weaknesses pre-draft and can really go BPA.  If it's an RB, I won't be shocked but something tells me we are rolling with Singletary, Moss, Breida, A Williams and Jones.  Unless Wade shows something spectacular or someone can fill Jones special teams void, he's not on the roster. Or unless someone they love drops in RD 2 and they can trade Singletary for picks, I don't see us pulling the trigger on a RB until day 3. 

Beane mentioned that he wants to find long term starters and the only place a 1st round guy may start is CB#2 or TE so that leads me to believe we may take a CB in round one, then address DE/DT possibly TE/LB-EDGE or G on day 2 and then use day 3 to find those hidden gems and sleepers that Beane is so good at unearthing.

I am really excited about our roster and this team has a shot and can make a deep playoff run if they stay healthy. For the first time in decades, I am really confident in our FO and believe whatever they do is the right call. I can't believe I actually typed that, but I did and I actually Billieve it for once. GO BILLS!!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

The biggest takeaway is that Motor enlisted in an RB camp to improve his mechanics, similar to what Allen did with Palmer.

Start with explosion. Singletary’s greatest gift is elusiveness but, too often, he overplayed his hand. Too often, he juked himself right out of the frame. All of those dancin’ numbers — while perfect for any wedding, any Saturday night — muddy explosion.

“Motor’s got all the tools to just break one guy down in the open field and make him look like he’s never played football before,” Hicks says. “But sometimes, you don’t have to do that. It’s all about explosive plays. I look at Motor’s explosive plays, man, and there’s not many. I think he has one carry over 30 yards for his career. That speaks volumes. We’re not getting explosive plays. Why? Because we’re doing too much when all we need to do is just enough and then, also, you’re not accelerating through your cut. You need to put your foot in the ground and just go.”

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

YIKES !

20210512_171740.thumb.jpg.a283ed31e10d2f

Someone wants that RB spot.

How you doin'? :whistling: 

Wow. He is jacked.  I guess he was serious about the off season. Here's hoping it benefits the running game.

40 minutes ago, Ann said:

How you doin'? :whistling: 

Wow. He is jacked.  I guess he was serious about the off season. Here's hoping it benefits the running game.

Makes "The Rock" look sorta flabby. 

• Angry 1

4merper4mer
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

YIKES !

Hope his production doesn’t go the same way Ruben Sierra’s did when he got jacked.

Fansince88
7 hours ago, B-Man said:

YIKES !

Does it look like he isnt working the legs?

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Does it look like he isnt working the legs?

Can't really see the thighs though.   I don't think he'll ever be Robert Newhouse

13 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Vastus medialis - Wikipedia

I think I can see it.

13 hours ago, Boyst said:

That's silly  she has no vastus medialis. 

I think you're both lobbying for a close-up and personal examination of that area. :classic_ninja: