Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen and the QB Room

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I fully approve of anything and everything that was done that made 6 teams pass on him and 25 other teams not trade up to get him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • FANtastic 1

Darnold's fifth-year will (allegedly) be picked up, but not with his drafting team. 

Mitchell Trubisky stands alone when it comes to this dubious honor among top-5 QBs drafted since 2011
The Bears' decision to cut ties with their former QB was unprecedented

Mitchell Trubisky has been immensely criticized throughout his career, which is warranted given the Chicago Bears traded up one spot to select him -- over Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes. Trubisky is on a new team with the Buffalo Bills, but holds one mark none of the top-five quarterbacks selected over the past 10 years want to achieve. 

Since the rookie wage scale was introduced in 2011 -- which includes fifth-year player options for first-round picks -- Trubisky is the lone top-five quarterback to have his fifth-year option declined. This comes off the heels of the Cleveland Browns exercising the option for Baker Mayfield (the No. 1 pick in the 2018 draft) Friday. 

</snip>

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, Ann said:

The rules were so much different in the 1970s that QBs had an excuse for throwing more INTs.  Once the "Mel Blount Rule" went into affect and passing games became more intricate, that went away. 

The weirdest part about Bledsoe, Tarkington, and Brunell's seasons were they all made the playoffs.  The 1996 Jags were the team that ended Jim Kelly's career.  Tarkington's Vikings actually won their division that season despite the fact that their 39 year old QB had SIX games with A MINIMUM of 3 interceptions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

article link

</snip>

The Buffalo News: The first question is the most obvious and the easiest: Why the Bills?

MT: "I think I just needed a fresh start. I just wanted to go somewhere where I was wanted and they had a role for me. I wanted to be a part of a championship-caliber team, so when this opportunity came knocking on the door, I thought it was a great fit, just with the offense and the people they've got in this building right now. To be part of a team that can possibly go win a Super Bowl, I think that's special. They've got a great culture around here. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but I think it will be a great part of my journey. I'm just excited to be here and be a part of this team."

</snip>

• Like 4

Sounds like Trabisky stole this guy's lunch money, his girlfriend, and kicked sand in his face. Ouch.

As always, practice is perfect for Mitch Trubisky, this time in Buffalo
The Bills are gushing about the quarterback’s habits, just as Bears coach Matt Nagy used to do. As for when the games start ...
Rick Morrissey
Chicago Sun Times

My firm intention was to let Mitch Trubisky get on with his new life in Buffalo. A fresh start for him. A new beginning for me, finally free of the maddening disparity between what Bears coaches and teammates said about him and what I saw from him.

But now the Bills are gushing about Trubisky’s performance in early practices, and I can see that my work isn’t done. Faithful Bears observers will recall that when Mitch was playing quarterback for their team, he was the greatest practice player in the history of practice. We knew this because Bears coach Matt Nagy would gush about the kid’s midweek performances in ways that would make an egomaniac blush. The accuracy! The arm strength! The feel for the game!

Then Sunday would arrive, and Trubisky was a different man, deeply affected by defenders playing at full speed, not Halas Hall speed. At postgame press conferences, Nagy would look genuinely surprised that the man who had looked like Marsha in practice had morphed into Tom Thumbs, plural, when it counted. All of it, the entire exhausting saga, finally led to the Bears’ letting Trubisky walk after last season.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

They have people a above him who have not played a down, including Trey Lance at #1.  :classic_blink:

Ranking 2021 NFL backup quarterbacks: 49ers' Trey Lance headlines list of 32; Teddy Bridgewater in top five

12. Mitchell Trubisky (Bills)
The former first-rounder may have flopped as the Bears' starter, too often pairing promising off-script athleticism with an ill-advised throw in crunch time. But he's got the perfect skill set to learn behind and insure Josh Allen, who started his career on a similar note.

• 2 weeks later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 6/26/2021 at 9:08 AM, Ann said:

They have people a above him who have not played a down, including Trey Lance at #1.  :classic_blink:

Ranking 2021 NFL backup quarterbacks: 49ers' Trey Lance headlines list of 32; Teddy Bridgewater in top five

12. Mitchell Trubisky (Bills)
The former first-rounder may have flopped as the Bears' starter, too often pairing promising off-script athleticism with an ill-advised throw in crunch time. But he's got the perfect skill set to learn behind and insure Josh Allen, who started his career on a similar note.

That’s just plain stupid. Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter, has a career completion percentage of 64%, and has thrown 64 TDs against 37 INTs.

He’s had a winning record in all but his first season, has been a Pro Bowl selection, and has led his team to the playoffs twice *including last season*.

That’s probably better than 40-50% of all *starters*. For my money the Bills have the two best QBs in the AFC East, and Trubisky is one of the top 16-18 in the league. 12th best backup my ass.

• Like 7
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

That’s just plain stupid. Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter, has a career completion percentage of 64%, and has thrown 64 TDs against 37 INTs.

He’s had a winning record in all but his first season, has been a Pro Bowl selection, and has led his team to the playoffs twice *including last season*.

That’s probably better than 40-50% of all *starters*. For my money the Bills have the two best QBs in the AFC East, and Trubisky is one of the top 16-18 in the league. 12th best backup my ass.

Hope we can keep him after The Bills win the SuperBowl in 2022. 

• Like 2