Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen and the QB Room

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven’t checked out the video on the team site of Josh mic’d up at the scrimmage, i highly suggest you watch it. Dude is hilarious. My kind of guy. 

13 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'm telling you, all........Mitch is going to play in important games this year, perhaps 2-4. But it's going to happen. I just have this feeling. Just keep the team at .500 and that's fine. I don't know why I feel this, but I just do. With Barkley, zero chance.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Gaining confidence at the pro level can often times mark a turning point in a pro athletes career IMO.

Seemingly a bit out of place up to this point out of  downs and when the team needed him most. Fromm planted his foot in the ground a delivered a pefect strike to the speedster Stevenson flying down the left sidelines with a full head of steam. Next thing you know Fromm is standing tall in the pocket and delivers another completion to Stevenson.

Its just one game against rookies and 3rd string players albeit. On the other hand you still have talent at the 3rd string level on the opposition. Rookies trying to make a name for themselves. A select few will.

Confidence... 

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Gaining confidence at the pro level can often times mark a turning point in a pro athletes career IMO.

Seemingly a bit out of place up to this point out of  downs and when the team needed him most. Fromm planted his foot in the ground a delivered a pefect strike to the speedster Stevenson flying down the left sidelines with a full head of steam. Next thing you know Fromm is standing tall in the pocket and delivers another completion to Stevenson.

Its just one game against rookies and 3rd string players albeit. On the other hand you still have talent at the 3rd string level on the opposition. Rookies trying to make a name for themselves. A select few will.

Confidence... 

Really makes me wonder what they want in a #2 and if they do a #3. I think Webb would make a servicable fill in if Josh had to sit. He has that mobile vibe to him. Do they keep the contract of Mitch or if someone goes down this month do they offer him up? All in all we are at a good position here.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Really makes me wonder what they want in a #2 and if they do a #3. I think Webb would make a servicable fill in if Josh had to sit. He has that mobile vibe to him. Do they keep the contract of Mitch or if someone goes down this month do they offer him up? All in all we are at a good position here.

If the deals right I would say pull the trigger. Webb is a player/coach at the QB position and in all likelihood a very good choice as Josh Allens mentor IMO. Smart way to manufacture a high draft pick IMO. I do believe however Trubisky was brought here as a backup plan on a bid for the Championship.

Edited by Figster
  • Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 2:01 PM, Figster said:

If the deals right I would say pull the trigger. Webb is a player/coach at the QB position and in all likelihood a very good choice as Josh Allens mentor IMO. Smart way to manufacture a high draft pick IMO. I do believe however Trubisky was brought here as a backup plan on a bid for the Championship.

I didn't see any of the game Friday.  What about Fromm?  How'd he look?  He's young, cheap and under contract for this season and 2 more.  Seems like he'd be someone to keep beyond this year if he shows proficiency as a backup for next year after Mitch is gone?

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

I didn't see any of the game Friday.  What about Fromm?  How'd he look?  He's young, cheap and under contract for this season and 2 more.  Seems like he'd be someone to keep beyond this year if he shows proficiency as a backup for next year after Mitch is gone?

Fromm made a real nice throw with the game winding down after a somewhat lackluster performance uo to that point. Was able to put the Bills in FG range to win the game. Something to build on IMO. Webb on the other hand showed good command of the Bills O and the better choice for backup over Fromm at this point IMO. When Trubiski was in it was almost all Singletary running with power. Singletary also made a TD catch look like he's been doing it forever. (easy catch) The good play of Singletary was my biggest take away from the game. Both Knox and Sweeny made nice catches so it was good seeing the TE 's more involved. Our 1st and 2d round draft choices played well IMO. Rousseau had a sack and Basham helped on another sack. Good game. I enjoyed it. Check out some of the highlights Ann posted.

https://www.billsfans.com/forums/topic/1351-bills-lions-pre-season-game-1-the-aftermath/

Edited by Figster
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Figster said:

Fromm made a real nice throw with the game winding down after a somewhat lackluster performance uo to that point. Was able to put the Bills in FG range to win the game. Something to build on IMO. Webb on the other hand showed good command of the Bills O and the better choice for backup over Fromm at this point IMO. When Trubiski was in it was almost all Singletary running with power. Singletary also made a TD catch look like he's been doing it forever. (easy catch) The good play of Singletary was my biggest take away from the game. Both Knox and Sweeny made nice catches so it was good seeing the TE 's more involved. Our 1st and 2d round draft choices played well IMO. Rousseau had a sack and Basham helped on another sack. Good game. I enjoyed it. Check out some of the highlights Ann posted.

https://www.billsfans.com/forums/topic/1351-bills-lions-pre-season-game-1-the-aftermath/

I think you and I are the only ones that think Boogie did good. Not great but good.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I think you and I are the only ones that think Boogie did good. Not great but good.

Thats ok though,

let the Boogie man sneak up on everyone including the oppositon.