Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

For me, this is a very hard question. What do you think?

I agree that it is difficult,

based on his play last year I would say no, but then I keep coming back to he's only 22.

If push came to shove I would try and keep him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I agree that it is difficult,

based on his play last year I would say no, but then I keep coming back to he's only 22.

If push came to shove I would try and keep him.

My biggest problem is that I think playing the Mike has him thinking too much. He led the league or was tied for TFL in '17. Since then it seems he just gravitates toward open space and has too many tackles 7 yards down field instead of reading and reacting.

I agree on the 22 years old aspect. Would be a shame to let him go only to see him put it together somewhere else.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Since then it seems he just gravitates toward open space and has too many tackles 7 yards down field instead of reading and reacting.

Unfortunately, when he reads and reacts, it seems to end up being a tackle 12 yards down the field, because the read was wrong. How long will the team be willing to wait for potential to turn into ability?

I think the front office does not have an easy decision on this and will hopefully be thinking about what options are available to replace him, because the real issue is answering the question: how does the team get better? Now, they may very well think that he is the best option, but I hope they are also looking at what other LBs may be available for the 2022 campaign either through free agency or trade, because the money may be better spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 5:01 PM, Ann said:

Glad they were able to keep him.  It's one thing to say ST are important....it's another to actively invest in making that the case.

As for Edmunds, I think you have to exercise the option, even if he might not be worth $13mm / year right now.  They can always live with the 2022 contract for one year, trade him, etc.  They have to maximize the chances of him turning the corner while in a Bills uni.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Glad they were able to keep him.  It's one thing to say ST are important....it's another to actively invest in making that the case.

As for Edmunds, I think you have to exercise the option, even if he might not be worth $13mm / year right now.  They can always live with the 2022 contract for one year, trade him, etc.  They have to maximize the chances of him turning the corner while in a Bills uni.

It would be a much easier call if Josh wasn't still in line to sign one of the largest contracts the league has ever seen. A legit franchise QB is a nice problem to have, but it definitely lessens the wiggle room for everyone else.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It would be a much easier call if Josh wasn't still in line to sign one of the largest contracts the league has ever seen. A legit franchise QB is a nice problem to have, but it definitely lessens the wiggle room for everyone else.

Will we sign him to an extension or rip up the existing one and give him a new one? The cap will have to go up to $220mm just accommodate Josh's next contract. 

As I said, a very difficult decision lies ahead, May3rd.

Just Joshin

This is a tossup.  I think I would but not look to extend until after the season.  The change to fully guarantee the contract makes for a tough decision.

Buffalo Bills linebacker Matt Milano returns to Dr. Phillips, reunites with teammates, coaches
By CHRIS HAYS
ORLANDO SENTINEL 

Buffalo Bills linebacker Matt Milano relaxed and soaked up the camaraderie with old friends Saturday at former teammate Kenny Shaw’s youth football camp.

</snip>

Now, he’s excited about his next step in the NFL, which he will continue with the Bills after signing a free-agent contract in February. Milano wasn’t sure what free agency would bring, but said he couldn’t be happier about his return to Buffalo.

“It’s exciting, man. I got drafted there and I’m back with them. That’s my place, that’s my home and I can’t wait to get back there,” Milano said. “Hopefully the fans will get to come out this year, which will be great ... but yeah, I’m really excited that it all worked out.”

</snip>

“It’s a never-ending ceiling ... I’m feeling good, I’m feeling healthy and I’m ready to get back at it,” Milano said. “There’s always more show, always more to do, and that’s what I’m gonna do.”

Milano said he loves being in Buffalo, which has one of the most devoted fanbases in the NFL.

“It’s crazy, man. The fanbase is insane,” Milano said. “It’s a great team, great coaches, GM, the owners –– from the top down, it’s amazing.”

</snip>

• FANtastic 1

Here's hoping for an injury free 2021 campaign.

https://twitter.com/TheBillsWire/status/1386753269054074880

Bills LB Matt Milano says he hasn't reached his ceiling yet

... “It’s a never-ending ceiling,” Milano said.

Milano admitted a big truth as well. Him potentially not reaching his full potential just yet is not for a lack of trying. Milano just has had a problem staying on the field. Last season, he struggled with some health concerns, including pectoral and hamstring issues.

Despite that, he’s optimistic for some future health improvement.

“I’m feeling good, I’m feeling healthy and I’m ready to get back at it,” Milano said. “There’s always more show, always more to do, and that’s what I’m gonna do.”

This is perhaps a feeling shared by the team as well. The Bills stuck to their guns and expressed their desire to get Milano back in the fold throughout the offseason. Eventually, Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane managed to do just that via a big four-year extension.

“All along, we had hoped to get Matt back. I think if we hadn’t had the pandemic and lowering of the cap and uncertainty of where everything would be, I think we would have gotten Matt extended last year,” Beane said at his post-free agency press conference. ...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nanker said:

Edmunds is the edge rusher Maybenot never was. He doesn’t belong in the middle. 

C'mon man don't do the 'Defensive Wes Craven' like that.

• 2 weeks later...

The Buffalo Bills announced the addition of linebacker Mike Bell to their roster on Monday. Bell was a 2019 draft eligible player from Fresno State who had a tryout with the Bills following the 2019 NFL Draft.

Bell, 6-3 and now 220 pounds, primarily played in the secondary at Fresno State, earning second-team All-Mountain West honors in 2018 at free safety with 86 tackles, three interceptions and eight pass breakups.

During his collegiate career Bell totaled 199 tackles, nine for loss, four interceptions, 12 passes defensed and one forced fumble.

He will convert to linebacker for Buffalo.

• Like 1

Bills sign LB Joe Giles-Harris

The Bills signed linebacker Joe Giles-Harris to a one-year contract on Sunday. Giles-Harris participated in this weekend's rookie minicamp.

He originally joined the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2019. He spent two seasons with the club. He played his college football at Duke.

</snip>