Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Good for him. From Jordan Poyer's IG page:

A year ago today (3/13/2020) I decided to quit drinking. Not because of anything special. Like lent or a New Years resolution. But because I was an alcoholic. I’m writing this knowing there are others out there like me that realize they too need help. My first step was realizing I had a drinking problem. Cause I did. I couldn’t drink just to hang. When I drank I had to drink to get F’d up. I used alcohol to avoid all my issues in real life. My family, my job, my friends ... when I drank I could forget all of my issues. I didn’t have to deal with them face on. After we lost to Houston in 2019, I felt I didn’t play the way I wanted to and we lost in such a bad way that for the next 5 weeks after that game I drank every damn day. Stressed about my contract, stressed with family, stressed about life I just didn’t know any other way to cope.

My wife had seen it first hand and honestly if it wasn’t for her & the consistent support from my family and friends idk where I would be. I remember days she would cry because I just couldn’t put a beer down. I remember not being able to play with Aliyah cause I was too intoxicated. I remember feeling thoughts in my head; that would scare the hell out of sober me now.

I finally decided to take a few trips to AA. My mom told me it helped her. Never spoke in them . Just took 3 trips and listened. I realized my issues were not even close to other’s life issues. Those 3 meetings plus the support from my family; In particular my wife Rachel, I was able to change my life and see the light. Can’t lie even writing this, Im embarrassed, it’s shameful, but If I can overcome the struggle of alcohol, so can you. I didn’t want you all to know this about me. I’m writing this because I know others out there struggle as well.. If you believe that is you; it’s never to late to seek help & to let you know My DMs are open for questions or support.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
On 3/13/2021 at 5:17 PM, Ann said:

Im embarrassed, it’s shameful, but If I can overcome the struggle of alcohol, so can you.

There's really nothing to be embarrassed about.  Some people have a serious physiological response to alcohol - it's something they really can't control because of how it affects their brain and associated decision making.  It's like being born with diabetes...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...