Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

So... Richard Sherman is still available to help out the secondary.

Well, when a judge actually sets bail on him.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Koko said:

So... Richard Sherman is still available to help out the secondary.

Well, when a judge actually sets bail on him.

I think Beane planted that iPhone. 

8 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I think Beane planted that iPhone. 

He is pretty nefarious when it comes to getting talent on reasonable contracts...

• Cheers 2

Bills training camp position preview: No. 2 cornerback battle will be a highlight of camp

This is the eighth in a series of previews of the Bills at each position heading into training camp. This installment: cornerbacks.

The Buffalo Bills are approaching the cornerback position a bit differently so far this offseason.

In the previous three years, General Manager Brandon Beane has favored signing a veteran to a modest, one-year contract to come in and compete for the starting job opposite All-Pro cornerback Tre’Davious White.

So far this offseason, however, Beane has declined to do that – although it should be pointed out there is still time to make a deal between now and the start of training camp. Short of that happening, though, the Bills will conduct one of their few truly important position battles opposite White. More on that to come. ...

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Buffalo Bills' Marquez Stevenson, Tre'Davious White's path from Shreveport to Buffalo

</snip>

Churning out professional athletes is nothing new for Shreveport; Pro Football Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw, longtime Bills quarterback Joe Ferguson and former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne are among the notable players who hail from the town in which the Red River flows.

It's also where one neighborhood, the Cooper Road, produced a group of friends who have made it to the NFL. But White and Stevenson are not just friends who grew up on the same street. On numerous occasions they slept in the same house during get-togethers. Stevenson was close friends with White's younger brother, Da'Vonta, as was Cleveland Browns cornerback Greedy Williams and Greedy's brother, New York Giants rookie cornerback Rodarius "Lee Lee" Williams.

When Stevenson was selected in the sixth round of the 2021 NFL draft, two picks after Rodarius, it was cause for celebration on the Cooper Road. Not just because Stevenson, who played for the University of Houston, made it to the NFL, but because he was reuniting with White.

"The whole neighborhood celebrated when he got drafted -- the neighborhood celebrated," White said. "Because they were like, 'he's going to the NFL but he's going up there with you.'"

</snip>

• Like 1

Siran Neal can fill several roles on Bills defense, but special teams is where he shines

ORCHARD PARK – If there’s one guy on the Buffalo Bills roster who almost never gets a break during practice, it’s the Swiss Army knife of the team, Siran Neal.

The fourth-year player out of tiny Jacksonville State, Buffalo’s fifth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, is all over the place as he covers kicks and punts, blocks on kick and punt returns, and takes reps on defense at as many as three positions on some days.

“The coaching staff thinks I’m invincible,” Neal joked recently. “Like JB (John Butler), the corners coach, I told him, ‘Coach, if I came up to you and told you I was tired?’ He’s like, ‘I’ll turn my back on you because I know you can do it.’”

Ever since he arrived at One Bills Drive, Neal has been the epitome of the “jack of all trades, master of none” player for coach Sean McDermott.

10c1f163-b476-478d-9805-a6ccb8c694ae-JG_

• Like 1