Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

[As we move through the off-season, We thought it might be good to have threads dedicated to position groupings so as to better keep track of what is going on with each. As always, you are free to start your own thread on any subject. We just ask that if you do, cross post it to the respective [positional grouping] thread for ease of reference by others.]

After Bass got over his obsession with the right upright, he became an amazing addition! Nailing 3 kicks beyond 50 yards in one quarter may never be topped. I mean, time barely allows that! 

• Like 2

This was a fairly decent group this year. Heck, when you recover an onside kick in the AFCC game...

Andre  Roberts is not fast. Is three fumbles a lot for a returner, especially since two were lost? Will they resign him for 2021?  Or, will they resign Isaiah McKenzie and use him as the return man? Or, will they find someone else? 

Corey Bojorquez got very little work this year, but when he did kick, he kicked well.

And Bass? After the first few weeks he settled in nicely. Here's hoping he had a great career with the Bills. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Ann said:

What's this about?

(Corey Bojorquez is a Restricted Free Agent )

why.JPG

After last season, it's clear that Bojo was overworked. The man may need a break to rest his leg. It's only prudent to check out others who can help the poor guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

You never miss a chance to make yourself better, even if you're already good.

True. However, that would be a pick that would possibly forgo an improvement in another position. Should that opportunity cost be forgone for a kicker?

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, Ann said:

True. However, that would be a pick that would possibly forgo an improvement in another position. Should that opportunity cost be forgone for a kicker?

Most sixth/seventh rounders are "darts on a board" guys anyway.  When we didn't have a good roster, wasting a pick on a kicker was stupid but those days are long past.  If Beane picks a kicker that makes the roster and is good, I'm not going to be mad.  I'm all about not spending big time cap money on kickers/punters...though somehow I doubt we're going to do that this year.

Unlike Kevin Costner's character in Draft Day (which was a blindingly stupid movie that didn't have to be), Beane is always going to do his due diligence...even if it's to throw everyone else off the trail of what he's really thinking.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Most sixth/seventh rounders are "darts on a board" guys anyway.  When we didn't have a good roster, wasting a pick on a kicker was stupid but those days are long past.  If Beane picks a kicker that makes the roster and is good, I'm not going to be mad.  I'm all about not spending big time cap money on kicker's punters...though somehow I doubt we're going to do that this year.

Unlike Kevin Costner's character in Draft Day (which was a blindingly stupid movie that didn't have to be), Beane is always going to do his due diligence...even if it's to throw everyone else off the trail of what he's really thinking.

Oh, I would not be angry if he picked a kicker in the 6th or 7th round, either. Simply pointing out we have a good kicker, it is not a need.... unless they do not plan on re-signing Bojo?

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Oh, I would not be angry if he picked a kicker in the 6th or 7th round, either. Simply pointing out we have a good kicker, it is not a need.... unless they do not plan on re-signing Bojo?

Bad teams draft for need.  Good teams draft the best players.  Especially this season, when you're going to easily fill needs with cheap veteran free agents.

I've seen pundits who have McPherson going as high as the 2nd round.  I don't see the BILLS being in the mix unless he falls dramatically from there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...