Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

On 12/31/2020 at 4:09 PM, GG1 said:

See if you can get the Buffalo MSG feed with  Fubotv.  That's what I'm considering.   I use the W Hurley address for my DTV, and get the Sabres game included.    I'm also exploring options once football season ends.  

mm, what is W Hurley? assume you mean an address for DTV? 

Looks like you are correct, MSG is not on Youtube, but is on Fubo. Not getting rid of youtube, so will buy streaming NHL package. Think my nephew will get FUBO, and if i want to watch pre or post game will share off his feed. Fubo sharing options much stricter than youtube, not possible for us to share in three homes as we can youtube

Sabres practice lines from the 1st practice.

Ullmark didn't practice due to travel restrictions, but he is in Buffalo.

Eichel skipped due to "precaution" over an upper body injury he suffered in training and is listed day to day.  Krueger didn't sound too concerned.

And the full TC roster. 

They were limited in how many they could bring and saved room for Cozens & Quinn, so JS Dea was already assigned to the Amerks.  Casey Nelson opted out.  Not sure what he'd get paid this year, if anything.  But it appears his contract will slide to next year.

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

mm, what is W Hurley? assume you mean an address for DTV? 

Looks like you are correct, MSG is not on Youtube, but is on Fubo. Not getting rid of youtube, so will buy streaming NHL package. Think my nephew will get FUBO, and if i want to watch pre or post game will share off his feed. Fubo sharing options much stricter than youtube, not possible for us to share in three homes as we can youtube

W Hurley is the Hudson Valley getaway from the tristate madness.  DTV let me combine the accounts and use upstate as the home base.   

I thought Fubo allows 3 simultaneous streams?

• Like 1

Olofsson hurt his arm at practice today.  Left the ice during the 1st session for a bit but returned during it.  Did not play during the 2nd session.  Hopefully that was just precautionary.  The video shows the drill he was injured on.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:17 AM, GG1 said:

W Hurley is the Hudson Valley getaway from the tristate madness.  DTV let me combine the accounts and use upstate as the home base.   

I thought Fubo allows 3 simultaneous streams?

i have to to get into the details  more, but it appeared to me 3 streams on SAME network..and only two streams strictly on a mobile or web browser outside of home network. We are trying to figure out a way to get TV and Sabres games as cheap as possible for a few homes, so may be a combination of Youtube and Fubo and NHL.TV.

Youtube allows 3 streams under one login, and up to 5 "family" accounts. Family accounts each get 3 streams and their own DVR..pretty sweet! Says something in their T&Cs  about logging in from home location or something...but have not had an issue with that as of yet. Right now we pay the $80 or so per month, which includes the top line sports package..and have it at our Richmond home. DC Place, a neighbors house, and my son in WV and daughter in Ohio .

$80 for all that is a freaking deal...compared with the $60 a month DTV was charging me strictly for freaking equipment at ONE location. Reason DTV is worth about $30B less , yes with a B..then what ATT paid for it like 4 years ago.

I was a DTV sub since 94..paid $1200 for the dish, $300 to get installed, and still had to have cable cause it was illegal for them to broadcast locals till like 98...

3 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

UUUUUUGGGGGHHHH on Hall and Eichel's sports hero...

I only clicked through a couple, but only Staal had the right answer. Ok, I’ll credit Asplund too since he’s a Swede. 

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

I only clicked through a couple, but only Staal had the right answer. Ok, I’ll credit Asplund too since he’s a Swede. 

Yes, you'd think there would be more answers for the hockey GOAT.

Outside of that I like Skinner's Terry Fox and the maskless Zemgus going with nobody.

4 hours ago, GG1 said:

In case you missed today's scrimmage

Fist scrimmage in ten months. Not a sizzling display.

They weren’t out there to kill each other, but I can’t believe these guys will be ready by the 14th.

51 minutes ago, snafu said:

Fist scrimmage in ten months. Not a sizzling display.

They weren’t out there to kill each other, but I can’t believe these guys will be ready by the 14th.

Have to remember 2/3's of the top line were out w/ dtd injuries and the #1 goalie was still in quarantine after flying in from Sweden.

Didn't get to watch it but it seems to have gone about as expected.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Have to remember 2/3's of the top line were out w/ dtd injuries and the #1 goalie was still in quarantine after flying in from Sweden.

Didn't get to watch it but it seems to have gone about as expected.

Well I sat down and said to myself at least we can’t look bad if we’re playing each other as competition. Then I noted that I was wrong. I watched two periods. They were all gassed-looking by the end of the second and it didn’t seem like they were playing with 100% intensity from the start. I realize that Eichel and Olofsson are out but that wasn’t my focus. Thompson looked good, but it was hard to tell based on the level of effort I saw. Staal, Skinner and Reinhart can be a good combo if they stay together and build chemistry. Looks like Girgensens pulled a groin and left midway through.  Johansson isn’t an NHL goaltender.

9 hours ago, snafu said:

Well I sat down and said to myself at least we can’t look bad if we’re playing each other as competition. Then I noted that I was wrong. I watched two periods. They were all gassed-looking by the end of the second and it didn’t seem like they were playing with 100% intensity from the start. I realize that Eichel and Olofsson are out but that wasn’t my focus. Thompson looked good, but it was hard to tell based on the level of effort I saw. Staal, Skinner and Reinhart can be a good combo if they stay together and build chemistry. Looks like Girgensens pulled a groin and left midway through.  Johansson isn’t an NHL goaltender.

Hard to make any solid judgments on this scrimmage - Final 4-1 Blue.  They were skating at half speed, but most of the play was in the Gold zone.  Wonder if they switch some things up for the next scrimmage.   Excited at seeing more of Hall, anda lso liked the Joki/Miller pairing in forcing the offense.   Agree on Johannson, who let in a bunch of softies.