Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sabres '20?- '21 season - Kreuger's Replacement?

GG1

55 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Hard to make any solid judgments on this scrimmage - Final 4-1 Blue.  They were skating at half speed, but most of the play was in the Gold zone.  Wonder if they switch some things up for the next scrimmage.   Excited at seeing more of Hall, anda lso liked the Joki/Miller pairing in forcing the offense.   Agree on Johannson, who let in a bunch of softies.

By the end of the second period, Ray and Biron were talking about how this level of effort won't match the teams that played in the playoffs much more recently (which makes me want them to bring in Cozens for the start of the season -- he's already geared up for competition).  It wasn't just the level of effort, it was the sloppiness -- which is obviously rust.

They said that the message from coaching to the team for this scrimmage was most likely to just shake off the rust, to gain chemistry and not get injured.  They were saying that the next scrimmage on the 9th would be a bit more competitive. But, to me, they're starting from such a low floor if yesterday was any indication.

Hall and Thompson worked well together. I wonder where/what line Thompson will go when Eichel and Oloffson get back.

Alaska Darin

I don't get worked up over scrimmages but the small amount I watched was...disheartening.  I'm going to chose to not worry about it because it's all I got.

Cozens was a MONSTER last night against the Russians.  Empty netter, pair of assists.  He's been the best 2-way player in the tournament and it's not close (Trevor Zegras of the Ducks has been an offensive machine for Team USA), so that's a big positive.  Does it mean anything for this year's Sabres?  Who knows.  But he does look more NHL ready than Middlestadt did at the same juncture.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Chad Didimensis(sp) reporting Girgensons prolly done for the season

Wow, it looked like a nothing injury when it happened.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i did not see it..or any of the scrimmage

You might save a couple bucks in subscription fees if you do watch it. 

Girgensens got hurt around the middle of the second period. 

1 minute ago, snafu said:

You might save a couple bucks in subscription fees if you do watch it. 

Girgensens got hurt around the middle of the second period. 

that bad?? I cant help it, i will still watch every game for the most part at least till the bars open up again

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

that bad?? I cant help it, i will still watch every game for the most part at least till the bars open up again

I get all the games the Sabre’s play vs Rangers, Islanders and Devils, (8 each) plus probably a couple more rando games on nbc or nhl network. That’ll be plenty for me this season. A lot of times I put on WGR if I can’t get the game on tv. But since WGR simulcasts the TV broadcast, it is garbage to listen to. They don’t describe any action. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanNT said:

Tage got hurt today I think

Apparently it was minor and he rejoined practice.

The other 3 that had been out (Ullmark, Eichel, & Olofsson) all practiced today.  Girgensons had surgery and likely out 6 months - so he should be ready to finish off the SC run.  😉

7 hours ago, Ann said:

I want to know how it’s going to work for teams like Vancouver who have an AHL team in the US. There’s a good number of them and they’re going to have a hell of a time recalling players. That’s going to have to happen from time to time, even with the taxi squad, particularly with the compressed schedule. 

16 hours ago, shrader said:

I want to know how it’s going to work for teams like Vancouver who have an AHL team in the US. There’s a good number of them and they’re going to have a hell of a time recalling players. That’s going to have to happen from time to time, even with the taxi squad, particularly with the compressed schedule. 

Expecting they're pretty well hosed if they need to bring 1 up & play him immediately. 

Maybe those guys can get whatever work related waiver people that live Canada but work in the US get because it doesn't seem that they need to quarantine perpetually while in Canada.

The rules are SOOOOOO arbitrary, so who knows.  It might even vary by province.  So, a Binghamton player might be able to play for the Sens w/out quarantine but a Crunch player might not be able to play immediately for the 'Nucks unless they're playing in Edmonton in which case it's OK but he's not allowed out of his hotel room except to go to the rink.  Again, who knows?

And apparently he’s considering opting out this year too. Would that be part of a plan to protect the $6 million he’s supposed to make this year (whatever that equates to with the shortened season)?

12 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Evander Kane just filed for bankruptcy.  $26.8M in debt with monthly expenses listed at -$91k.

I can't imagine how poorly he lives only spending ~3k per day. That man needs a COVID check ASAP!