Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Stock-Investment Talk

plenzmd1

It depends what you're looking for.  If you're more conservative/long term like me I suggest Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO). A 1.52% yield with a .03% expense ratio.  It basically just follows the S&P 500 and I don't lose any sleep continuously putting money it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, plenzmd1 said:

so, chip production in Texas stopped, obviously..already a shortage...how do we take advantage of this looming chip shortage

man, when does this hit the broader economy

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Shorted some Twitter yesterday.  Feeling good already.  The feel good is better than the profit.

I have said a zillion times...man i should short that stock. Never had the cojones to actual do it. Sometimes that was good, sometimes bad. 

Most recent good was about 2 years ago i wanted to short Tesla at $525...i was convinced they did have enough cash and would crash and burn....now at $672...AFTER a 5-1 split...yikes, i would have gotten murdered!

Flip side of that is wanted to short Peloton and Zoom around October  last year ..not cause they are bad companies, just based on valuations...

But what i would have made on those two pales in comparison what i would have lost on Tesla LOL

• 2 months later...
Alaska Darin
On 4/29/2021 at 1:07 PM, Ann said:

Proposing a huge tax increase will do that.

Occam's razor.  Something Democrats generally ignore because their policies are so &#%$ing stupid.

• Cheers 1

Just Joshin

Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.  With margin accounts high and newbies in the market, the dam may break.

If you are not near retirement you ride it out.  Many can not watch the paper losses and may bail.

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect combination of not understanding the risks and throwing all your eggs in one basket.  Of course another illustration of the dangers of doctors who don't know their limitations when it comes to finance

On 2/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I don't have enough time to research that stuff.  I just use a fiduciary.  They've done well for me.

Because of my wife’s job and licenses she has to report any individual stocks we purchase, so personally we don’t! 

• Wow 1

• 5 months later...

Quick, act surprised.

Peloton insiders sold nearly $500 million in stock before its big drop, SEC filings show

Peloton executives and insiders sold nearly $500 million worth of their stock before its big decline, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Peloton stock is down more than 80% from its highs last year, and it hit a 52-week low of $29.11 on Tuesday. Yet the company’s CEO and other executives sold millions of shares at prices over $100 a share in the months leading up to the big declines.

Company executives and insiders sold $496 million worth of their shares in 2021, according to SmartInsider, citing SEC filings. Virtually all of the sales were part of 10b5-1 plans, or prescheduled selling programs. It’s unclear how many of the sales were also linked to options exercises or options-related tax sales.

The big selling started when the stock started surging past $80 a share in the fall of 2020, and gained momentum in 2021 as the stock held above $100, the filings show.

The company didn’t respond to requests for comment. ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...