Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Stock-Investment Talk

plenzmd1

5 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Ok so I’ll buy after this dip.

You and me both. I have been waiting for the crash for 10 years. The market is irrational.  If you can time it, more power to ya!

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
24 minutes ago, Ann said:

You and me both. I have been waiting for the crash for 10 years. The market is irrational.  If you can time it, more power to ya!

Corporate profits have been consistently strong for a long time. The crash is artificial though one can make the same argument for QE.

That being said I don’t time the market because it’s impossible, I just buy companies that have strong balance sheets that will weather the storms. 

Also, if you would have just invested ten years ago instead of waiting, you’d have made money in between the COVID crash .

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Corporate profits have been consistently strong for a long time. The crash is artificial though one can make the same argument for QE.

That being said I don’t time the market because it’s impossible, I just buy companies that have strong balance sheets that will weather the storms. 

Also, if you would have just invested ten years ago instead of waiting, you’d have made money in between the COVID crash .

I am old. I am looking for dividends,  not aggressive growth.  I have done ok. 

• Cheers 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the Q4/1099 statement for one of the stocks that I own.  In 2022 that particular paid me a dividend of

$666

:classic_ninja:

Edited by devnull
  • Wow 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The Chinese stock market has recently lost the combined GDP of Japan and France - $7T. That is "T" as in trillion.

And then...

The global tremors from China’s real estate crisis are only starting

Chinese investors and their creditors are putting up “For Sale” signs on real estate holdings across the globe as the need to raise cash amid a deepening property crisis at home trumps the risks of offloading into a falling market. The prices they get will help finally put hard numbers on just how much trouble the wider industry is in.

The worldwide slump triggered by borrowing-cost hikes has already wiped more than $US1 trillion ($1.54 trillion) off office property values alone, Starwood Capital Group chairman Barry Sternlicht said last week.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Doh! 1