Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Free Agency Signings: Predictions

Ann

57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd also like to know how good he is against the run because Watt is EXCELLENT in that facet and a clear leader in the locker room.  Some intangibles just can't be measured with Analytics.  It's like the difference between ARod and Jeter.  The stats mostly favored ARod but the eye test clearly didn't.

I'd also like to know how his numbers were affected by Dunlap's departure.

Reminds me of Darryl Smith a few years back. The Ravens LB who I wish we picked up. He was a 2 down backer that we desperately needed but flew under the radar because everyone wanted a 3 down backer. 

If Lawson can generate pressure in the limited plays he has while able to come cheap that's what we need as much as anything. Especially after an overpaid unit underperformed.

I'm all for Watt but this guy probably adds more than Murphy, Addison, or Epenesa.

On 2/15/2021 at 2:10 PM, Boyst said:

This is the answer to losing John Brown. Funchess isn't bad. I'd argue John Brown is better, though.

I’ve always liked John Brown back to his Cardinal days, and will always love the contributions he made here, but reassigning his $ to an impact pass rusher has to happen.

We need at least one if not two major signings on the DL if there are SB aspirations in 2021.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I’ve always liked John Brown back to his Cardinal days, and will always love the contributions he made here, but reassigning his $ to an impact pass rusher has to happen.

We need at least one if not two major signings on the DL if there are SB aspirations in 2021.

I've grown tired of having so much money put up there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

I've grown tired of having so much money put up there 

I'm tired of not getting any value for the money.  They need a significant reshuffle on that group.

• Like 1

2021 NFL free agents by tiers: Top 50 Buffalo Bills targets

... Bills general manager Brandon Beane said at his season-ending press conference that had he and his staff known the cap situation this offseason because of the pandemic the Bills would have operated much differently last offseason.

“Maybe we wouldn’t have made every move we did. Maybe we wouldn’t have been as aggressive in some areas,” Beane said. “I think most teams were planning on the cap to be around $210 to $215 from talking to some of my peers in the league on how we were viewing it.

Beane went on to say there may be some tough decisions that need to happen this offseason. Top end free agents like linebacker Matt Milano and right tackle Daryl Williams may have priced themselves out of Buffalo’s price range. And when it comes to players under contract, I wrote recently about a few moves the Bills could make to free up some cash to improve their roster in free agency.

There may not be any blockbuster moves because of the circumstances, but we’ve decided to provide a lengthly review of some potential targets for the Bills with free agency less than a month away. We’ve broken up the list into three tiers and we’ll explain each as we go.

Tier 1: Targets that’ll help but will cost ...

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Deranged Rhino
54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Interesting thought there. 

The medical would have to come back flawless I'd imagine. 

There's no way I trade a first plus additional picks for a guy coming off that kinda injury who is expecting big money.  That's insanity.

• Like 2

Buffalo Bills bold prediction: Sign Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones has been playing as one of the best running backs in the league for the last several years now. He finished the 2020 season with a career-high 1,104 rushing yards and nine touchdowns. It’ll be tough for the Green Bay Packers to keep him on their roster, which should make Jones available during free agency.

https://clutchpoints.com/afc-east-4-bold-predictions-for-the-2021-offseason/

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Buffalo Bills bold prediction: Sign Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones has been playing as one of the best running backs in the league for the last several years now. He finished the 2020 season with a career-high 1,104 rushing yards and nine touchdowns. It’ll be tough for the Green Bay Packers to keep him on their roster, which should make Jones available during free agency.

https://clutchpoints.com/afc-east-4-bold-predictions-for-the-2021-offseason/

That would be interesting, I wouldn't be opposed to it on principle. It would depend on the price I guess (as with all FA things). If it were me, I'd only entertain adding a (somewhat) expensive RB after sorting out Williams and Mongo and getting Smith (TE) under contract. Then I'd look to see if there was room to add a piece like Jones.

I'd also want to make sure someone like Harris doesn't slip to 30 before, but that might not be possible. 

• Like 2

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That would be interesting, I wouldn't be opposed to it on principle. It would depend on the price I guess (as with all FA things). If it were me, I'd only entertain adding a (somewhat) expensive RB after sorting out Williams and Mongo and getting Smith (TE) under contract. Then I'd look to see if there was room to add a piece like Jones.

I'd also want to make sure someone like Harris doesn't slip to 30 before, but that might not be possible. 

I'm thinking that unless somebody jumps out on offense at 30 that 30 will be used on defense or a trade back.  

• Like 2

Marcel Louis-Jacques lists game plans for all positions.

This story What the NFL free-agency period looks like for all 32 teams leads to this story Buffalo Bills free-agency overview: Finding help in the trenches a priority

The Buffalo Bills enter 2021 NFL free agency coming off a 13-3 season in 2020 and have 15 unrestricted free agents.

This statement on WR is amazing (and I agree with it) when you consider the Bills 2018 wide receiver stable.

Game plan: Wide receiver is arguably the Bills' strongest position and one that's not high on the priority list in free agency. Roberts has made the Pro Bowl as a returner in each of his two seasons in Buffalo and is the more likely candidate to return of the team's two free agents

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

Marcel Louis-Jacques lists game plans for all positions.

This story What the NFL free-agency period looks like for all 32 teams leads to this story Buffalo Bills free-agency overview: Finding help in the trenches a priority

The Buffalo Bills enter 2021 NFL free agency coming off a 13-3 season in 2020 and have 15 unrestricted free agents.

This statement on WR is amazing (and I agree with it) when you consider the Bills 2018 wide receiver stable.

Game plan: Wide receiver is arguably the Bills' strongest position and one that's not high on the priority list in free agency. Roberts has made the Pro Bowl as a returner in each of his two seasons in Buffalo and is the more likely candidate to return of the team's two free agents

Thanks for the article.. All things considered though, if we could only retain one, I think McKenzie might be the better option of the two.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Thanks for the article.. All things considered though, if we could only retain one, I think McKenzie might be the better option of the two.

I agree with this.  McKenzie is a swiss army knife and he does alot for the offense.  I love Roberts and he definitely had some very big moments in Buffalo but returners are obviously much less important than they once were.

McKenzie's TD against Miami might have been the death blow to Roberts' tenure as a BILL.

• Like 3