Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

JJ Watt Released! [Signed with Arizona]

Ann

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 2/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, Ann said:

That's a thing here?

Before you migrated to atop, when Mario Williams signed with Buffalo, there was a several hundred page thread being constantly updated and page refreshed by the community. That’s what he’s referencing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Before you migrated to atop, when Mario Williams signed with Buffalo, there was a several hundred page thread being constantly updated and page refreshed by the community. That’s what he’s referencing.

;-) 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

Guy wants a ring. The Steelers are not going to get him one.

J.J. Watt Not Interested in Steelers Per Report
According to Tony Grossi of ESPN 850 in Cleveland, defensive end J.J. Watt is not interested in playing with his brothers T.J. and Derek in Pittsburgh as a member of the Steelers.

</snip>

I’d think Cleveland or Green Bay or Buffalo if he wants to be one last piece of a puzzle. He’d be 100% right to avoid the Steelers unless they could somehow get a sure QB upgrade.  Ben is middle of the pack, at best.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 minutes ago, snafu said:

I’d think Cleveland or Green Bay or Buffalo if he wants to be one last piece of a puzzle. He’d be 100% right to avoid the Steelers unless they could somehow get a sure QB upgrade.  Ben is middle of the pack, at best.

I wouldn’t rule out Tampa Bay either.

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I wouldn’t rule out Tampa Bay either.

Geez, that would be scary.  

I could QB that team if he went there and played defense.

• Like 1

Several teams have emerged as potential landing spots for elite pass rusher J.J. Watt following his recent release from the Houston Texans, including one coming off a Super Bowl title. Former NFL executive and general manager Mike Tannenbaum believes the Buccaneers are one franchise that offers Watt a checklist of items he's looking for as a free agent.

"Tampa Bay, immediately overnight, has become this incredible destination," Tannenbaum said on ESPN's Get Up. "They check every box. Obviously you have a chance to win. You’re playing with Marsha. But Bruce Arians is really key to this. Bruce Arians takes care of veteran players. He had Marsha miss some practices just so he wasn’t worn out.

"There’s no state income tax in Florida. You practice on grass. You play on grass. It checks every box. I know they want to keep Shaq Barrett, but if Shaq Barrett’s price gets too high, you can say, ‘you know what, JJ Watt’s not the same player Shaq Barrett is but 15-20 snaps a game, he can rush the passer.’"

Watt, who is a five-time All-Pro and has 101 sacks in 128 career games. Both of Watt's brothers play for the Steelers and they are believed to be one of the franchises who has placed him at the top of their wishlist. Watt has only played two full seasons twice since 2016, hampered by injuries.

"Change is never easy, especially when it involves the ones you love. J.J.'s impact on not only our organization, but the entire Houston community, is unlike any player in our franchise's history," Texans chair and CEO Cal McNair said in a prepared statement following Watt's release. "I told J.J. earlier this week that we will forever consider him a Texan. We take solace in knowing that this is not a goodbye but a 'see you soon.'

"For now, we will build upon the foundation that J.J. created here and forge ahead with our unwavering mission to bring a championship to our city, create memorable experiences for our fans and do great things for Houston."

According to the experts at SportsLine, the Green Bay Packers are the favorite to sign Watt at +150, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers (+200), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+400) and Cleveland Browns (+500). Watt is a native of Waukesha, Wisconsin and played college football at the University of Wisconsin as one of the Big Ten's biggest stars.

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Article/JJ-Watt-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-free-agent-Houston-Texans-release-160967266/

20 hours ago, snafu said:

Geez, that would be scary.  

I could QB that team if he went there and played defense.

Headline: "Marsha released per Bruce Arians; Snafu to run the ship"

• Haha 4

Just now, DC Tom said:

I always assumed it means something like "We asked someone to ask someone to pass a note in fifth period study hall to ask if he really likes us."

Probably. Or the telephone game.

55 minutes ago, Nanker said:

One of the funniest movies of all time. 

53 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Don't call it that.  My brother called it that once.  Once.

keep-calm-you-fargin-icehole.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1