Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

JJ Watt Released! [Signed with Arizona]

Ann

Living in Houston, you would think JJ Watt and Beyonce were the leaders of the free world.  I am completely sick of seeing JJ Watt in every commercial.  But if he has some sacks left in him then I can deal with one more year of his annoying crap as a member of the Bills.

• FANtastic 1

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Living in Houston, you would think JJ Watt and Beyonce were the leaders of the free world.  I am completely sick of seeing JJ Watt in every commercial.  But if he has some sacks left in him then I can deal with one more year of his annoying crap as a member of the Bills.

Is beyonce from houston???

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you think he'll still have a presence in the Houston media market once he's gone?

7 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Do you think he'll still have a presence in the Houston media market once he's gone?

A much reduced presence but Buffalo will market the hell out of him so I'll get inundated with JJ Watt garbage from the WNY media I consume.

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

A much reduced presence but Buffalo will market the hell out of him so I'll get inundated with JJ Watt garbage from the WNY media I consume.

For a bills super bowl id force you to go through that, hell I’d force @DC Tomto listen to Friday on repeat.

The Athletic predicts J.J. Watt signs with Bills

... Recently in a 2021 offseason prediction piece, Watt was involved, and the topic of discussion was his landing spot. The pick was Buffalo. 

Here’s The Athletic breakdown:

9. J.J. Watt signs with the Bills

Initially, this prediction was a trade. But the Texans granted Watt his release, and now he’s free to sign wherever he wants. He could make sense as a high-risk, high-reward option for plenty of teams, and one of them is the Bills.

Credit to The Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn for floating this idea earlier in the week. The Bills showed that they are legit contenders and are in “win now” mode. But they could use more difference-makers on defense. Watt turns 32 in March, but he played in all 16 games last season, producing five sacks, 17 quarterback hits and 14 tackles for loss. He produced those numbers while being double-teamed at a high rate. Given Watt’s age and injury history (he missed 32 of a possible 64 games from 2016 to 2019), there is risk in adding him at this stage of his career. But there’s also upside where Watt could find himself competing for Super Bowls with Buffalo for the next few seasons.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Foxx said:

The Athletic predicts J.J. Watt signs with Bills

... Recently in a 2021 offseason prediction piece, Watt was involved, and the topic of discussion was his landing spot. The pick was Buffalo. 

Here’s The Athletic breakdown:

9. J.J. Watt signs with the Bills

Initially, this prediction was a trade. But the Texans granted Watt his release, and now he’s free to sign wherever he wants. He could make sense as a high-risk, high-reward option for plenty of teams, and one of them is the Bills.

Credit to The Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn for floating this idea earlier in the week. The Bills showed that they are legit contenders and are in “win now” mode. But they could use more difference-makers on defense. Watt turns 32 in March, but he played in all 16 games last season, producing five sacks, 17 quarterback hits and 14 tackles for loss. He produced those numbers while being double-teamed at a high rate. Given Watt’s age and injury history (he missed 32 of a possible 64 games from 2016 to 2019), there is risk in adding him at this stage of his career. But there’s also upside where Watt could find himself competing for Super Bowls with Buffalo for the next few seasons.

I don't know if I would consider him all that high risk. Yeah, he's missed a bunch of games due to injury, but he is still incredibly productive when he's on the field. He's not a risk in that he's going to be a liability, a bust, or not give it his all.

• Like 2