Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

JJ Watt Released! [Signed with Arizona]

Ann

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Whatsamatta? You couldn't find a photo of my girlfriend getting banged by my best friend so you decided to post the next best thing?

Well, in fairness, he did send it to your wife...

2 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

Could they get a ring in the next few years? Sure. They just aren't one of the top three or four teams that come to mind that might be on the cusp.

They aren't one of the top 3 teams in their own division and I don't think Watt changes things.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Cheesus Crust....I knew I’d get one of these. Sir, I hope Mr. Watt pulls his groin. I wish it, and I will celebrate it if it happens. Why? I’m petty, that’s why. 

Picture or no proof

From the Athletic (paid content) Why Bills didn’t sign J.J. Watt and what it means for the rest of their offseason

</snip>

Watt went to the highest bidder. He didn’t have the chance to do a traditional free agency tour, but it wasn’t necessary. Watt and his camp had done their homework on the various opportunities. They knew what the Bills had to offer in terms of culture, the roster and cap space. He knew he would have a chance to play for a Super Bowl contender under a coach who would know how to maximize his ability to extend his career with a heavy rotation on the defensive line.

He also knew the Bills made an offer and didn’t budge. They set their price internally, presented that to Watt and didn’t waver. By last week, Watt had offers in the neighborhood of $20 million guaranteed. The Bills didn’t offer that much and weren’t compelled to do so when they weren’t the highest offer. Those offers helped Watt get an even better contract from the Cardinals that is reportedly worth $23 million guaranteed and $31 million total over two years. That was a price the Bills weren’t going to to touch.

</snip>

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, quarterback play, supporting cast and money were among Watt’s priorities when considering teams. The Bills checked all of those boxes but didn’t come particularly close to the best financial offer.

</snip>

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I want to believe this, so I will.

I love the fact that this is no longer a team that has to go all Kamala Harris to get free agents on board. They have their needs and their price and to not get caught up in the battle to win the player takes confidence and discipline. They're no longer the team that says, "Look, if you'll just come here we'll get you a key to the city and everything!"

• Like 6

Just Joshin

I caught just a minute of his press conference on NFL radio.  He was saying he picked AZ because of the QB, WR and defensive scheme.  The Bills are better or as good as AZ in these areas so it must be the money.  

I am OK with that but don't say you did it because Murray is a great QB.

• Like 2