Jump to content

Do You Even Hoist, Bro?


The_Dude
 Share

Recommended Posts

At the gym. 
 

I HATE leg day. It’s leg day. 
 

Hate the days workout but gonna power through it anyways? Post your gripes and victories here! Back to cleans 😪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bro! I missed you over there. Start a gun thread too. 
 

I’m in the hiring process for a fed agency so I need to make sure my cardio and body weight stuff is straight. No bulking for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just hoisted my behind out of my nice comfy over priced chair and then hoisted it up on my overpriced way too high up mattress.

 

Does that qualify?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't been able to weight lift in a couple years. Getting old and nagging injuries tell me to put my ego aside. I hated/loved leg day. I miss doing squats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 8:44 AM, Westside said:

I haven't been able to weight lift in a couple years. Getting old and nagging injuries tell me to put my ego aside. I hated/loved leg day. I miss doing squats.


I hate leg day. 
 

Fortunately for me it’s arm day! Time to get pumped!  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Six days a week.  Well missed yesterday. Seeing we are operating at 25% occupancy in gyms (I think) there was a line. I'm sorry I don't do lines very well. 

 

Yeah yeah I know the 90's called and they want their drug of choice back.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Six days a week.  Well missed yesterday. Seeing we are operating at 25% occupancy in gyms (I think) there was a line. I'm sorry I don't do lines very well. 

 

Yeah yeah I know the 90's called and they want their drug of choice back.  


damn dude im lucky to get in 4 days a week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:


damn dude im lucky to get in 4 days a week. 

 

I make it a point after work 4 days and weekends.  It's a bitch sometimes seeing I work long days but the view is good at the gym.  Kudos to that yoga pants inventor guy.   BTW I only do arms.  I do treadmill every day and that works my legs!  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

 

I make it a point after work 4 days and weekends.  It's a bitch sometimes seeing I work long days but the view is good at the gym.  Kudos to that yoga pants inventor guy.   BTW I only do arms.  I do treadmill every day and that works my legs!  


Yes, Jim, I too hoist for the MILFs in yoga pants. God bless em. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:


Yes, Jim, I too hoist for the MILFs in yoga pants. God bless em. 

 

I have two &#%$ed up shoulders so I can't really lift anything above my head so I work mostly bi's and tri's.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

 

I have two &#%$ed up shoulders so I can't really lift anything above my head so I work mostly bi's and tri's.  


Oh man, my shoulders are so bad. Arthritis in both. I’m 36, but I look 12 so I’m just too young for bad shoulders. I sleep on my stomach and when an arm makes it’s way under the pillow, I wake up with horrible shoulder pain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:


Oh man, my shoulders are so bad. Arthritis in both. I’m 36, but I look 12 so I’m just too young for bad shoulders. I sleep on my stomach and when an arm makes it’s way under the pillow, I wake up with horrible shoulder pain. 

 

I fell of a stepstool and partially tore both rotator cuffs.  I'm 59 and look 36.  🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

 

I fell of a stepstool and partially tore both rotator cuffs.  I'm 59 and look 36.  🙂 


That sucks, man. Glad you’re still working out. That and weed are my mental health therapies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The_Dude said:


That sucks, man. Glad you’re still working out. That and weed are my mental health therapies. 

 

Oh I thought you meant it sucks being 59 not the shoulders. 

 

Carry on...............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, mead107 said:

Our gym is still closed.  
miss it.  
have been doing a lot of work for my cousin at his house. Using mussels have not used in a long time.  


When ours closed for a couple months the wife and I would hike every day. It was nice. We have lots of great trails with some beautiful views. But I missed lifting and listening to music.  They reopened just in time because it was starting to get dark during our hikes and we’d hear coyotes howling in the distance. 😬

 

If they shut back down I’m &#%$ed because with the time change coming up I won’t be able to hike at all after work. 😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, mead107 said:

Our gym is still closed.  
miss it.  
have been doing a lot of work for my cousin at his house. Using mussels have not used in a long time.  

Chef Jim missed a lay up. 
Using mussels - white wine with garlic and butter.
Haven't had them in a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines