Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Do You Even Hoist, Bro?

The_Dude

34 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Chef Jim missed a lay up. 
Using mussels - white wine with garlic and butter.
Haven't had them in a while.

Next time have Moules Frites. A classic Belgian dish. The mussels are cooked as you mentioned above but with thin cut fries.  The best variation I ever had was the fries were piled on top of the mussels. So when you finished all the mussels the fries were swimming in the broth. Soggy yes but &#%$ing awesome. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Beer__League__Hockey

I don't know how I missed this thread.  I hoist, broseph. 

Used to lift like crazy for HS and college football when I was younger.  Took 10 years off, got smaller and then got back into it.  Been strength training now since 2007, in one way or another.  Really got deep into P90X around 2010 for a year.  Then drifted into powerlifting between 2012-2015.  I take time off when I hurt something, and I don't train as hard when I skate 2 times a week in the winter.

I was training 4 times a week thru the Covids, doing a Wendler 5/3/1 template.  I'll try to post a couple of pics of my basement gym...

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey

Lifting is dull. Running is meditation. Rock climbing is fun. Cross training fitness / CrossFit is exciting.  Yoga is peace.

Need to get back in to kayaking and do some whitewater.

Edit

And I did 190# for 3 reps on strict shoulder press, none of that pussy push press either.  I haven't tried that in a while, could have done 4 but after doing 60 HSPU Tuesday. Meh.

Edited by Boyst

Beer__League__Hockey
23 hours ago, Boyst said:

Lifting is dull. Running is meditation. Rock climbing is fun. Cross training fitness / CrossFit is exciting.  Yoga is peace.

Need to get back in to kayaking and do some whitewater.

Edit

And I did 190# for 3 reps on strict shoulder press, none of that pussy push press either.  I haven't tried that in a while, could have done 4 but after doing 60 HSPU Tuesday. Meh.

190x3, that is very good!

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

190x3, that is very good!

I'm actually very strong, very much in shape. I probably could have 4 or 5 if I pushed. I saved some for my wod.

2 rnd

50 cal assault bike

20 snatch @135

Push press is 265, push jerk is around 285-295.  I'm slow to get under the bar.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...