Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Inflation and What To Do

The_Dude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loaded a job today and holy crap. I priced it two weeks ago and the materials have risen unbelievably in just that two week period. Not to mention, I had trouble finding a number of items, had to go to a number of supply houses to get what I needed. 

A 250' roll of 12/2 wire is now $152.00 

:willynilly:

Dr. Copper is saying things are pretty bad in the economy...

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

For a number of years, I was mystified as to why QE Infinity, that began in '08 with the banking crisis, had not come home to roost in the form of inflation. Historically whenever there was an inflated supply of money in the system, inflation always creeped in to even things out.

14 years later, is it finally coming home to roost? It would seem that with inflation records, not seen in 40 years, that it is indeed finally coming home to roost. 14 years of, a never before seen, inflated money supply has the makings of crashing in, a never before seen fashion.

Tucker has what can be considered a reasonable sense on the matter. He does crack me up a bit though when he chastises Psaki to 'stay in her lane because she is just a publicist', while he himself is really just a publicist for the propagandists, but he doesn't count on you seeing that.

Anyways, it is a pretty good listen and the relevant portion begins at the 2:59 mark.

• Like 2

The chickens are coming home to roost. This could be catastrophic for so many people.

And the current administration and Congress is only making things worse. Let's close pipelines, SNAFU shipping, and print more money to fund slush funds and graft under the name of "war inc" - 'cause that'll help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
On 4/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, Ann said:

She wouldn't know a factual detail if it bit her in the behind.

Follow up question:  So what you're really saying is the administration's energy policies are so poorly thought out that one military action on another continent can crater our entire economy?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RochesterRob

Just my opinion as a lowly peon but I think few if any experts know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to the economy.  People think that there is turbulence in the stock market now just wait until we see wholesale income tax increases, return to interest paid on savings, and better investment alternatives such as real estate.  The stock market for the better part of 30 years has been one large funnel to force most of the disposable income in one direction in terms of parking money.  With viable alternatives there will be the kind of melt that is associated with major downturns such as the Crash of 1929.  The more the stock market grew in the last 30 years means the more money needed to keep it afloat in the present and going into the future as one time investors cash out for retirement needs.

Billsandhorns

Except Companies Like Blackrock among others are buying real estate at inflated prices. Bill Gates is the largest owner of farmland in the country. They are making it tougher intentionally

9 hours ago, devnull said:

Any thoughts on I-Bonds?

Only heard of them on the radio about two/three weeks ago. Meant to do some research on them but haven't had the time as yet. Hopefully someone here knows a bit about them. Inflation bonds?

Quick primer: