Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Advice Needed--Knockoff Yeti

plenzmd1

in honor of @Chef Jim, i come seeking the wisdom of the crowd!

Think we are going to be doing more packing of tailgate the night before, so need a pretty decent size cooler that will hold ice and keep things cold for a good 24-36 hours. I aint paying no $600-$800 for a yeti...anyone have good experiences with other brands? if bought off of Amazon or Walmart.com...even better. 

Seasons1992

Paul, go with an Igloo Marine cooler. Took one of those on many trips with no ice access for days, and it holds just fine. Save you a ton of money, too. 

JUST BE SURE to "charge" it overnight by putting ice in it before you need to, and it should be great. I'll sign it with a Sharpie next time we're at a game....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought a Grizzly cooler;  worked great on 3 day camping trip (still had ice).

Edited by KD in CA
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Paul, go with an Igloo Marine cooler. Took one of those on many trips with no ice access for days, and it holds just fine. Save you a ton of money, too. 

JUST BE SURE to "charge" it overnight by putting ice in it before you need to, and it should be great. I'll sign it with a Sharpie next time we're at a game....

We have three MaxCold and they do hold the five days.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Get one of those styrofoam containers they ship enzymes to labs in.  I jhad one and put a 6pack of pop I'm it and drove 400 miles to DC in 85 degrees weather/ When I opened it down there,6it was still mostly ice and vet little water.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wacka said:

Get one of those styrofoam containers they ship enzymes to labs in.  I jhad one and put a 6pack of pop I'm it and drove 400 miles to DC in 85 degrees weather/ When I opened it down there,6it was still mostly ice and vet little water.

Were the enzymes still fresh when you drank them up?

• Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
21 hours ago, Wacka said:

We run proficiencies and the samples come in those containers. The freeze packs are even better, I always save them. I've had big ones still frozen 3 days later in a run of the mill cooler.

giphy.gif

Edited by CarpetCrawler
  • Like 2

Bought a Pelican a few years back & if it is iced prior to putting food in it will stay frozen for several days.

Don't know that they'd keep stuff frozen for 10 days like claimed.  But 3 days, definitely.

• Like 1