Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills minicamp June 15-17, 2021 (ended a day early)

Ann

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hedge

• Ann

• Koko

• Fansince88

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I will really be surprised if Williams isn't in the mix at RB. Also would not be see surprised to see Matt Breida as an early cut. Call it a hunch. We shall see in August I guess.

• Cheers 1

Observations from Bills minicamp (Day 2): Mitch Trubisky solid, Antonio Williams makes plays

Orchard Park, N.Y. — Matt Milano said on Wednesday, shortly after the Buffalo Bills finished their final minicamp practice, that it’s not usual for there to be as much energy as there’s been on the practice field this time of the year.

“Guys are out there competing, having a good time, bringing that energy, bringing some juice. It’s been pretty cool,” he said. “(It’s) Just a new year. We’ve got some new guys in there on the defensive side of the ball, some guys came back who weren’t there last year, some guys that we drafted are balling out. So it’s a combination of everything.”

Most of that energy is coming from the defensive sideline during 11-on-11 drills, and they should be excited. The defense as a whole has been outstanding throughout the spring, making plays at all three levels of the defense as the offense and defense have battled the past month without pads.

The Bills had perfect attendance for minicamp and Milano said the team, especially the defense, is ahead of the game because of that commitment and the familiarity players have with each other.

“Guys aren’t so much concerned about the playbook. They already know the playbook,” he said. “It’s more about getting those small details tuned up in order to make those plays to help the team win. We’re rolling, especially on defense - the back seven I think has been together for four-plus years now.”

Read more at the link.

Edited by SackMan518
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ann said:

Achilles tear. Put on IR. Hope he makes it back. 

I remember more than 40 years ago, players in college who ruptured their Achilles’ tendon were essentially done. Their calf muscles atrophied so their lower leg looked like a broomstick. 

We live in the age of modern medical miracles. Thank God. I’ve got two total joint replacements and am looking at a third later this year. It sucks to get old… but it beats the alternative. 

• Like 1