Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What you doing this 4th July weekend ?

mead107

We take the granddog back home on sat and come back home on Sunday. 
not much else going on

who is camping? 
Beach? 
visiting family? 
Hiking? 
home cookout? 

what you doing? 

• Like 1

Heading to East Otto/Zoar Valley to visit my Mom and sisters. Looking forward to shooting off some fireworks and getting some wings at the Tavern.

• Like 1

On the 4th, my son + the dog head over to our house to try and escape the neighborhood fireworks in Buffalo. They started already, and grand-dog is most unhappy. The dog is still a puppy at 11 months old. My son's wife volunteered to work (she's a nurse).

Guess we should probably cook something. :classic_tongue:

Depends on the weather.  I want to go to the beach and I can always round up people for that, but it looks like it might be a better day to go do something like Belmont (haven’t been there in a few years).  They’ve got a nice picnic area and it makes for a good day at the track.

I’m sure Mrs. snafu will have her own ideas which are neither the beach nor the track. 

100% going to BBQ, just haven’t figured out what yet. 

• Like 1

I'm a little bummed because the kind of fireworks we can buy up here are insane, and I just loaded up, but it's been over 100 degrees this week and it will stay like that through the 4th, so we need to lay off the home show.

But an unexpected benefit of my house is that we can watch about seven cities' fireworks shows from our front porch, so we just grill out and drink our heads off while the shows go on.

• Like 3

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm a little bummed because the kind of fireworks we can buy up here are insane, and I just loaded up, but it's been over 100 degrees this week and it will stay like that through the 4th, so we need to lay off the home show.

But an unexpected benefit of my house is that we can watch about seven cities' fireworks shows from our front porch, so we just grill out and drink our heads off while the shows go on.

Is that hovering, or parked?

DEMILfuturo_6495.jpg

Edited by CarpetCrawler

Robs House

We're going to my wife's friend's parents' river house for a cookout/overnight trip. On paper it sounds good, but this involves sleeping in a tent, which is no longer my idea of fun. Moreover, I probably won't be drinking, so for me this is one of those sacrifices we make for others.

If it were up to me we'd have the festivities in our own back yard.

• Like 2

I'll be golfing in the am. Head to the bar to watch a bunch of savages crush hot dogs on TV. Then head to a friend's house for a cookout.

God Bless America!

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
17 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Is that hovering, or parked?

DEMILfuturo_6495.jpg

I have a little more room than that device...but I like their thinking.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

Hanging with family in Pompano Beach.  Will head to the pier for early festivities, then back to watch the fireworks from the balcony.

• Like 2

Hitbyaparkedcar

Just got my old, tired self back from a church picnic. Good eating, good weather, good fellowship. Helps to keep me focused on what's really important. Might do some fishing tomorrow! Happy 4th all. 

• Like 1

Stayed home to make sure that the fireworks didn’t bother my mother. She was tired and took her melatonin no complaints so we laid her down about 9 o’clock and haven’t heard a peep from her. 

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 1

Attended a buddy's wedding.  Really nice day.

But, man oh man, if he ever forgets his anniversary ...

• Like 1