Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Network's 'The Top 100 Players of 2021' Premieres Sunday, August 15

Ann

I know people are interested to see who from the Bills is ranked in the Top 100 by their peers!

The Top 100 Players of 2021' Airs During Three Consecutive Weekends

• Top 10 Revealed Saturday, August 28 at 4:00 PM ET, Followed by 'The Top 100 Players of 2021 Reaction Show' at 6:00 PM ET
  • List Determined Solely by Current NFL Players for 11th Consecutive Year
  • For the 11th consecutive year, current NFL players have voted to determine the Top 100 players in the NFL.

Premiering Sunday, August 15, The Top 100 Players of 2021 counts down the top players in the NFL as determined solely by the players themselves.

This season, The Top 100 Players of 2021 airs during three consecutive weekends in August immediately following live preseason games on NFL Network,

• beginning Sunday, August 15 with No. 100-41 revealed over the course of six hours starting at 4:00 PM ET.
  • The countdown continues on Sunday, August 22 at 4:00 PM ET with No. 40-11 revealed over the course of three hours,
  • and concludes with a two-hour finale on Saturday, August 28 at 4:00 PM ET revealing the top 10 players. At 6:00 PM ET, The Top 100 Players of 2021 Reaction Show airs, recapping this year's edition of the series.

</snip>

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...

Starts tonight. In 2020, these Bills players were named to the top 100. I'll be very interested in seeing if anyone hits the Top 10 this year. 

#47 Tre'Davious White
#54 Stefon Diggs
#87 Josh Allen

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

They listed 7 surprises (high and low):

The Biggest Early Surprises from NFL's Top 100 Players
Bleacher Report

</snip>

The full list won't become clear until August 28, but it is already apparent that some of these selections aren't congruent with recent production. A handful of players should have been ranked much higher due to sterling showings during the 2020 campaign, while others should have been much lower or left off entirely after their play left something to be desired.

With that in mind, here are the biggest surprises on the 2021 NFL Top 100 list so far.

No. 95: CB Tre'Davious White, Buffalo Bills

Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White has earned a reputation as one of the league's top playmaking cornerbacks. Despite this, he barely made the NFL Top 100 list.

White, an All-Pro in each of the last two seasons, has been instrumental in Buffalo's rise from the league's basement to Super Bowl contender. He's been a fixture on the defense since being selected No. 27 overall four years ago, racking up 238 tackles, 54 pass deflections, 15 interceptions, four forced fumbles and 2.5 sacks.

PFF noted that 17.1 percent of targets thrown into his coverage have resulted in either a pass breakup or pick. He's a nightmare for opposing quarterbacks to deal with and helps the Bills win games in a big way. 

There aren't many cornerbacks Buffalo would swap White out for, so his ranking of No. 95 is just too low.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

There aren't many cornerbacks Buffalo would swap White out for, so his ranking of No. 95 is just too low.

The moment I saw 'the players' chose Tre at 95 I stopped paying attention to this list.

Granted, I hope Tre uses it as motivation, but one of the top 3 corners in the league is 95 to the players? 

I don't think so.

• Cheers 3

The list continues later today. Since I figure Diggs and Josh are locks, it is simply a matter of if it is today at 40-11, or next week at Top 10 (Josh, IMO).

9 hours ago, Ann said:

The list continues later today. Since I figure Diggs and Josh are locks, it is simply a matter of if it is today at 40-11, or next week at Top 10 (Josh, IMO).

It's nice to see Bills players in the upper quarter, but with Tre at 95, this list may as well tell me that Joe Biden got 80 million votes.

Neither is true. 

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's nice to see Bills players in the upper quarter, but with Tre at 95, this list may as well tell me that Joe Biden got 80 million votes.

Neither is true. 

Yeah, White finishing 95 seems shockingly low.

Mildly surprised that Adams finished top 10 but Diggs just missed it.  Not surprised the players gave more love to Hopkins than Diggs.

Wonder if Allen will be above Rodgers or not.  Figuring he'll be 7 or 8.

• Like 1