Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Greatest Rock and Roll Band this world will ever know

MothersMilk

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Happy 83rd birthday Ringo !

Peace & Love !  ☮️

Y'know, I always say I hate The Beatles.  But then I listen to Ringo's, or Paul's, or George's solo work, and I realize I only hate John Lennon.  

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Boo 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 8:27 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Y'know, I always say I hate The Beatles.  But then I listen to Ringo's, or Paul's, or George's solo work, and I realize I only hate John Lennon.  

Well, Let it be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Over a million views in the first 2 hours.

What do you think of it? I love most Beatles work... yellow submarine being the low spot.. but this gives no Beatle vibe here. Maybe a Lennon solo song. As a Beatles song I give it a 2/10 but as a regular song probably a 5/10... it really isn't anything special. I won't count it in their catalog.

8 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

What do you think of it? I love most Beatles work... yellow submarine being the low spot.. but this gives no Beatle vibe here. Maybe a Lennon solo song. As a Beatles song I give it a 2/10 but as a regular song probably a 5/10... it really isn't anything special. I won't count it in their catalog.

Well, I think that it very good.

Not in the Beatles top 40, but infinitely better than some 'hits' out today.

Just hearing John's voice again is wonderful, and I think that the strings and background vocals do make it a 'real' Beatles song.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Sorry, but y'all have been terribly misinformed. 

This is the Greatest Rock Band of all time!

image.png.7caf738c150d8ee5804cc5ecd109cf50.png

I like Zep... but no... not even close. 2 different worlds of music. Both are great but only one of the two is excellent from start to ... finish. No band in our lives will ever overtake the Beatles... not even Frank Zappa... who would easily take out the zep as #2

All of my love... all of my love to you hoooooo

FZ/Beatles is kind of a debate though.

41 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I like Zep... but no... not even close. 2 different worlds of music. Both are great but only one of the two is excellent from start to ... finish. No band in our lives will ever overtake the Beatles... not even Frank Zappa... who would easily take out the zep as #2

All of my love... all of my love to you hoooooo

FZ/Beatles is kind of a debate though.

My apologies, I didn't know this was a parody of good rock bands thread :chuckle:

• clown 1
  • Boo 1

16 minutes ago, Cinga said:

My apologies, I didn't know this was a parody of good rock bands thread :chuckle:

Yeah, you fell off of the step... there are plenty of good rock bands out there.

• 4 weeks later...
CarpetCrawler
On 11/3/2023 at 4:36 PM, MothersMilk said:

Say what???

• Love 1

I went to a local Beatles Tribute show on Friday with the B-Wife.  Not a big production thing just a local band of 60 - 70 yr old guys, some I have known for 50 years.

There is nothing like hearing the Fab Four music live. They are all very good musicians, voices are a little weak, but so what.

It is amazing when you listen to about 30 songs, the variety that this group had, really outstanding.

* they even played Now and Then, and let me tell you naysayers, it certainly sounded like a great Beatles song.

• Cheers 2