Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

We'll find out what this team is made of over the next two weeks.

Joe

Coming up: two physical defenses in Miami and the football team.

I'm of the mind that this team is physically soft. They're a finesse team that's incapable of imposing their will physically on either offense or defense.

I'm interested to see how an offense that spit the bit week one responds. That being said, I'm almost more interested in seeing how the DEFENSE handles two QB-deficient teams.

We will see soon enough.

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

I don't think we'll see a defensive front this good again all year. They were beating us with a four man rush. Hell, there were a couple times they handled our OL with a three man rush. Most teams can't do that. Tampa Bay made Mahomes look bad in the Super Bowl by getting home with a four man rush.

I think the offense will rebound against Miami. Josh will hopefully be less hyped at the away game. He's always been too excited at home games with fans.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I don't think we'll see a defensive front this good again all year. They were beating us with a four man rush. Hell, there were a couple times they handled our OL with a three man rush. Most teams can't do that. Tampa Bay made Mahomes look bad in the Super Bowl by getting home with a four man rush.

I think the offense will rebound against Miami. Josh will hopefully be less hyped at the away game. He's always been too excited at home games with fans.

Someone in the game day thread said that Pittsburgh was playing the Tampa defense from the Super Bowl game against the Bills. I don't know enough about defensive schemes to verify that (and wouldn't recall even if I did know).  Do you think that is accurate? Because if it is, Daboll needs to figure out a counter to that but quick.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

Someone in the game day thread said that Pittsburgh was playing the Tampa defense from the Super Bowl game against the Bills. I don't know enough about defensive schemes to verify that (and wouldn't recall even if I did know).  Do you think that is accurate? Because if it is, Daboll needs to figure out a counter to that but quick.

That's how it looked to my untrained eye. They rushed four and then sat back in zone for most the second half. They took away everything intermediate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Coming up: two physical defenses in Miami and the football team.

I'm of the mind that this team is physically soft. They're a finesse team that's incapable of imposing their will physically on either offense or defense.

I'm interested to see how an offense that spit the bit week one responds. That being said, I'm almost more interested in seeing how the DEFENSE handles two QB-deficient teams.

We will see soon enough.

I'm not worried about the D yet. They looked the part. Special Teams and the O need to figure out their bleep immediately.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LB3 said:

That's how it looked to my untrained eye. They rushed four and then sat back in zone for most the second half. They took away everything intermediate.

Dabol missed it

playing zone is why the CB did  not track the motion man in the 4th down trick play