Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Good Karma Thread--Bring the Happy News Here

CarpetCrawler

An Alabama Farmer Secretly Pays Pharmacy Bills for People in His Town

By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell | 8:15 PM on January 20, 2023

Feel-Good Friday: An Alabama Farmer Secretly Pays Pharmacy Bills for People in His TownHody Childress and his generous spirit transformed Geraldine, an town in Alabama. Credit: "Good Morning America"/ABC News

From The Washington Post:

Hody Childress was a farmer living off his meager retirement savings in the small town of Geraldine, Ala.

About 10 years ago, he walked into Geraldine Drugs and pulled aside owner Brooke Walker to ask if there were families in town who couldn’t afford to pay for their medications.

“I told him, ‘Yes, unfortunately that happens often,'” recalled Walker, 38. “And he handed me a $100 bill, all folded up.”

He told her to use it for anyone who couldn’t afford their prescriptions.

“He said, ‘Don’t tell a soul where the money came from – if they ask, just tell them it’s a blessing from the Lord,'” she said.

The following month, Childress returned to hand Walker another folded-up $100 bill. And he repeated this every month for years, until he became too weak late last year from the effects of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to make the trip.

Hody Childress was 80 years old when he passed away on New Year’s Day. Geraldine Drugs owner Brooke Walker wanted to let Childress’ family know about his generosity, and how much it had helped several hundred people in the farming community. Over that 10-year span, Childress’ $100 gifts added up to thousands of dollars, and Walker said she was able to help two people a month who didn’t have insurance or whose benefits wouldn’t cover their medications.

There is a Proverb that says,

“One pretends to be rich, but has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.”

Hody Childress was rich in generosity, and he inspired others to replicate his generous spirit and keep his legacy going.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Heaven sent hero.

Pregnant school bus driver miraculously
rescues 37 children in Milwaukee seconds
before vehicle bursts into flames: Cause
of fire remains under investigation

by Joe Hutchison

Original Article

A pregnant Milwaukee bus driver managed to rescue 37 children from a bus fire just seconds before the vehicle burst into flames. Expecting mom Imunek Williams was two hours into her route to Milwaukee Academy of Science on Wednesday when smoke started filling the bus. 'I started to smell something funny at the stoplight, and I just thought it was normal smoke coming from another car,' Williams told WISN in an interview. 'But then as I started to drive more, the smell and the smoke started to get thicker. 'I just told the kids, let's get off. I evacuated the bus, made sure everyone was off

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

Happy news because of my rule: every time PETA does something spectacularly stupid, I get to have a bacon cheeseburger.  Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight?

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/plant-based-diet-advocates-want-macon-bacon-baseball-team-to-change-name-georgia-physicians-committee-responsible-medicine-pcrm

MACON, Ga. (TND) — An advocacy group that promotes eating plants and plant-based food wants a baseball team to change its name as it allegedly glorifies bacon.

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) wrote a letter to Macon, Georgia's collegiate summer baseball team, the "Macon Bacon," asking it to consider the name change.

Macon Bacon’s glorification of bacon, a processed meat that raises the risk of colorectal cancer and other diseases, sends the wrong message to fans," writes the group's "Nutrition Education Program Manager" Anna Herby in the letter.
I urge you to update the team’s name to Macon Facon Bacon and promote plant-based bacon alternatives, such as Facon Bacon or Mushroom Bacon, that will help your fans stay healthy," Herby adds.

• clown 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Happy news because of my rule: every time PETA does something spectacularly stupid, I get to have a bacon cheeseburger.  Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight?

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/plant-based-diet-advocates-want-macon-bacon-baseball-team-to-change-name-georgia-physicians-committee-responsible-medicine-pcrm

I saw that earlier, and you know the funniest part about this? The team name has nothing to do with bacon, per se. But PETA never lets their stupidity go to waste, and completely missed the point of the name.

Jeff Dunham Peanut GIFs | Tenor

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think this is pretty heartwarming.

The POS was probably stealing again later that same afternoon...just from a different store.

What a great young man.

Feel-Good Friday: A 'TechBoy' Gives Back to His Elementary School By Paying Off Student's Lunch Balances

DeJuan-Strickland-Gives-Back-to-the-Stud

I love it when young people not only show an entrepreneurial spirit, but exhibit a compassionate heart of giving. Fourteen-year-old DeJuan Strickland is such a young person, and the subject of this week’s Feel-Good Friday.

While opinions vary widely on whether it is an actual phenomenon or a myth, the phrase “acting white” is often lodged against smart Black kids. I do not think it is a myth, because I was one of those smart Black kids who was accused of acting white, even by my own family. On television, the smart Black kids like “Urkel” and “Carlton” are usually the foil of the joke rather than the central character. So, for a young Black man to own and celebrate his smarts, and use them to better the world around him is something to celebrate.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2023/08/04/feel-good-friday-a-techboy-gives-back-to-his-elementary-school-by-paying-off-students-lunch-balances-n787694

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

Feel-Good Friday: North Hi-Way Café Serves Key Lime Cheesecake

and Kindness for a Terminally-Ill Cancer Sufferer

A-Manager-at-North-Hi-way-Cafe-is-Celebr

Correspondent Nate Easton of East Idaho News received a message from a woman who wanted to recognize two employees of the restaurant for a particular kindness extended to her.

My birthday was coming up and my kids asked me what I wanted. I have a terminal illness and so I said nothing. Then in my head pops key lime cheesecake. I wanted a piece of key lime cheesecake. They called everywhere and none to be found. My daughter decided to call North Hi-way Café. The waitress said they had cheesecake but not that flavor. She described why she wanted it and the waitress relayed my sad tale to the cook. The waitress called my daughter back and said the cook will have the cheesecake ready for my birthday. I do not know who the baker is but the fact he went out of his way to make my birthday wish come true tells you volumes about him. The cheesecake is exquisite.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2023/08/11/feel-good-friday-north-hi-way-cafe-serves-key-lime-cheesecake-and-kindness-for-a-terminally-ill-cancer-sufferer-n791395

Beautiful people.

• Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin