Jump to content

Phrases and other things only a Bills fan would know


Just Jack
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about this the other day.  What phrases or other things, if seen or mentioned, would only a Bills fan know is Bills related?  Two examples...

 

The Firebaugh Eagles sweatshirts, if you see one, you know that person wearing it is a Bills fan.  

 

The phrases "Look it up Thurman."  Marv used it in his speech for Thurman Thomas's induction to the HOF.  I've used it a few times with co-workers, and they'll just look at me, because they don't know why I called them Thurman. But if it's a Bills fan, they know it.  

 

Any other examples? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  What phrases or other things, if seen or mentioned, would only a Bills fan know is Bills related?  Two examples...

 

The Firebaugh Eagles sweatshirts, if you see one, you know that person wearing it is a Bills fan.  

 

The phrases "Look it up Thurman."  Marv used it in his speech for Thurman Thomas's induction to the HOF.  I've used it a few times with co-workers, and they'll just look at me, because they don't know why I called them Thurman. But if it's a Bills fan, they know it.  

 

Any other examples? 

Deep one most Bills fans don’t know. 
 

Big Ben Play! What the Bills called a Hail Mary when it first became legal!

 

Whenever someone says “ I just have a feeling” I always answer with a slight song “ Buffalo going to the Super Bowl”

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Whenever someone says “ I just have a feeling” I always answer with a slight song “ Buffalo going to the Super Bowl”


I do that when I hear the first part of the banana boat song.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Deep one most Bills fans don’t know. 
 

Big Ben Play! What the Bills called a Hail Mary when it first became legal!

 

Whenever someone says “ I just have a feeling” I always answer with a slight song “ Buffalo going to the Super Bowl”

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Talkin' Proud

 

Relentless (because of the books)

 

I was thinking about Talkin' Proud the other day. 

I was wondering if I remembered right...did they play that after touchdowns at the game (before they switched to Shout)?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

 

I was thinking about Talkin' Proud the other day. 

I was wondering if I remembered right...did they play that after touchdowns at the game (before they switched to Shout)?

 

 

 

That was the early '80s.  You probably don't recall it clearly because they wouldn't have played it very frequently.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines