Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Spencer Brown on Reserve/Covid-19 list

Core Four

Oh boy. At least he would be back for the Patriots game but we could be far behind the 8-ball by that point. We will see what McBeane can do. You just can't play Ford.

Feliciano is back this week?

Looks like we will get to see a repeat of extremely heavy QB pressure, Josh running for his life on every snap, and the marvelous play of the whiff of a draft pick in Cody Ford.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Oh boy. At least he would be back for the Patriots game but we could be far behind the 8-ball by that point. We will see what McBeane can do. You just can't play Ford.

Feliciano is back this week?

Mongo has 1 week to go.  Should be ready for Thursday

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Looks like we will get to see a repeat of extremely heavy QB pressure, Josh running for his life on every snap, and the marvelous play of the whiff of a draft pick in Cody Ford.

A combination of a RB/FB with TE or 2 TE's to block and more of the game on the shoulders of the WR's.  The defensive backfield of the Colts is considered a weak spot.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

A combination of a RB/FB with TE or 2 TE's to block and more of the game on the shoulders of the WR's.  The defensive backfield of the Colts is considered a weak spot.  

I doubt a two TE set will work for the Bills, at least not with Tommy Sweeney.  They'll need Knox, Moss, and possibly Gilliam.  I still don't know a lot about Gilliam - have they used him much and is he any good at blocking?  

Either way the Bills construct their offensive scheme, an empty backfield is not a good idea.

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I think we'll see a lot of two TE sets.

Damn. I'm not one to think a single player makes a different without being QB or someone like Derek Henry, but I've seen this team without and with the rookie and it's not pretty. 

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Damn. I'm not one to think a single player makes a different without being QB or someone like Derek Henry, but I've seen this team without and with the rookie and it's not pretty. 

Exactly.  Spencer Brown has played in 4 or 5 games, is a rookie, and already is a key piece to the Bills offensive line, as well as general offense.  IMO, this further demonstrates just how much work the Bills have to do on the OLine this offseason.

When I've had time I've given these dudes a listen, and while they don't always have answers, they have a nice understanding of situations and players, and I tend to walk away more knowledgeable (as a person who is not keen to Xs and Os).

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

The Colts game is going to hinge less on Brown's blocking, and more on the defense's ability to stop Jonathon Taylor.  So I'm not going to panic just yet.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The Colts game is going to hinge less on Brown's blocking, and more on the defense's ability to stop Jonathon Taylor.  So I'm not going to panic just yet.

Right. Taylor is the key to victory Sunday. Outside of a handful of plays, we have been doing very well against the run this year. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Right. Taylor is the key to victory Sunday. Outside of a handful of plays, we have been doing very well against the run this year. 

With Star Lutefisk.  Lutefisk being out worries me more than Brown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Don't worry. There are enough people losing their shit to account for everyone. :classic_biggrin:

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Don't worry. There are enough people losing their shit to account for everyone. :classic_biggrin:

I'm so much calmer these days, with Joe to panic for the both of us.