Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Spectrum Mobile 1g $14/month Plan....?

Keukasmallie

Anyone subscribe to this plan?  I use next to nothing in gigs per month and the Spectrum plan sounds good, BUT:  It is, after all, Spectrum whom I don't trust as I have two cable, internet, and landline telephone accounts with them.  I'm also leery of the coverage with such an inexpensive plan.

How say you?

On 10/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Keukasmallie said:

Anyone subscribe to this plan?  I use next to nothing in gigs per month and the Spectrum plan sounds good, BUT:  It is, after all, Spectrum whom I don't trust as I have two cable, internet, and landline telephone accounts with them.  I'm also leery of the coverage with such an inexpensive plan.

How say you?

I pay 0 since I do not do cell phone, but my wife and two of three kids phone is in my name bc I am a vet and fios gives some discount. Wife doesn't  shop it and keeps re upping. with each new phone.

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Keukasmallie said:

How say you?

i have this and it is fantastic!

more often than not, i am on a Spectrum wireless network so my actual usage is very little. it is nice that i pay a fraction of what i used to.

they do have two different versions. a 1 gig plan which costs $14 and their unlimited which i think is $45 a month. the only caveat though is that you have to be a Spectrum internet customer.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

more often than not, i am on a Spectrum wireless network so my actual usage is very little. it is nice that i pay a fraction of what i used to.

PSA from an IT Professional.

Avoid public WiFi

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, devnull said:

Avoid public WiFi

for sure, thank you for the clarification. meant to point out that when I am home, i am automatically on my wi-fi and not the carrier data plan.

2 hours ago, devnull said:

Avoid public WiFi

I have heard that. 2 questions. Does that include hotel wifi? Layman's terms, can you explain the actual danger? I hear this often but seldom any reason. 

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

for sure, thank you for the clarification. meant to point out that when I am home, i am automatically on my wi-fi and not the carrier data plan.

The danger with that is carriers such as Spectrum, att, Verizon, etc have public WiFi hotspots all over that you may connect to without even knowing

Best to configure your device to not automatically connect to such networks.  Instead configure your device to connect to your specific private wifi

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I have heard that. 2 questions. Does that include hotel wifi? Layman's terms, can you explain the actual danger? I hear this often but seldom any reason. 

Some not so light reading 

https://www.cloudwards.net/dangers-of-public-wifi/

And you specifically mentioned hotel WiFi.  The FBI recently published a public service announcement about the dangers of hotel WiFi

https://www.pcmag.com/news/fbi-warns-against-using-hotel-wi-fi-for-workhttps://www.pcmag.com/news/fbi-warns-against-using-hotel-wi-fi-for-work

• Like 1