Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Brian Kelly to LSU!

KD in CA

Riley to USC

Kelly to LSU

With Florida already open, as well as Oklahoma and now Notre Dame, there may be some more coaching shifts in the near future

Understand now why Penn State and Michigan State offered over sized deals to keep Franklin and Tucker in place

Edited by devnull

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Big Notre Dame fan.  This was unexpected, but it really is best for the coach and the school.

Yup.  Kelly is comfortable and you can dial in 10 wins a year, but he's never getting over the hump at ND.   Apparently that's what he thinks too.  I'm sure he'll be very happy no longer having the admissions people spiking his top recruits.

But I think ND will also be better served with one of the younger guys like Fickell or Campbell.   Just hope the recruiting class doesn't implode while they are getting things sorted.

• Like 1

https://www.outkick.com/leaked-video-emerges-of-brian-kellys-final-meeting-with-notre-dame-players/

Four minutes. That’s how long former Notre Dame football coach Brian Kelly spent at 7 a.m. on Tuesday morning explaining his decision to leave the school for LSU.

That’s right, the players got up at 7 a.m. for that.

Wham, bam, onto a plane headed for Baton Rouge and a new contract that will pay him $95 million over 10 years and two courtesy cars. As OutKick’s Glenn Guilbeau noted Wednesday, the contract makes Kelly the highest-paid coach of any sport at a public university in the country.

That was fast….Marcus Freeman it is.

Maybe if Fickell had been available immediately they would have gone for him, but they couldn’t wait a month while Kelly poached half the recruiting class and probably Freeman himself.

He did do a good job improving the defense over the season after starting the year with that bad showing against FSU.  It sounds like he’s popular with the team and the recruits.   We shall see.

• Like 1

We had a friend in Sarasota who went to LSU. Our kids were the same schools and same sports. Played travel team soccer for years. 

I NEVER saw him without some version of LSU gear on him. It was 100% of the time, you could count on it.  We met them at a black tie event and I kind of looked him over. He caught me checking him out and said “boxers”. Classic moment! I miss our Sarasota friends! 

• 11 months later...

Kelly did a good job turning the program around, taking it to the SEC Championship in his first year. They are getting beat pretty bad but they should be contenders for years under Kelly.