Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who has Bird feeders out

mead107

44 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Was not going to put one up because the old feeders bit the dust.  So many birds been coming to the deck had to do it

I especially like when I have a hummingbird feeder out in the spring/summer.

Even in the short time that I have it down to refill it, the damn birds come right up to the window to see where the hell "their feeder" went.

😂

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Have suet out.  Had to stop putting out seed, as the neighbor's unmaintained yard has a rather significant rat problem, and we're trying not to exacerbate that while we get the neighbors to clean up their shit.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
On 1/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, B-Man said:

I especially like when I have a hummingbird feeder out in the spring/summer.

Even in the short time that I have it down to refill it, the damn birds come right up to the window to see where the hell "their feeder" went.

😂

I keep multiple feeders, so I can rotate them out

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:09 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Have suet out.  Had to stop putting out seed, as the neighbor's unmaintained yard has a rather significant rat problem, and we're trying not to exacerbate that while we get the neighbors to clean up their shit.

I'd for sure be placing rat blocks near the neighbor or just throwing them over there. Significant is pretty heavy.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I'd for sure be placing rat blocks near the neighbor or just throwing them over there. Significant is pretty heavy.

Because of our cats, we have to be careful with that.  We did have our pest control service come out and place bait stations.  

And significant is...well, they've burrowed and undermined a cement pad over the municipal storm drain in our backyard.  Not to the point of collapse...yet.  Significant is pretty heavy.  

Used to not have a problem, when the neighborhood had stray cats.  But despite my pointing out to another neighbor "Learn to like the stray cats, because you live next to a storm drain and will have a rat problem without them," they called the city and had the strays collected.  And then, a couple years later...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Don't kid yourself....I believe that there is a bird "network"

I've got to refill today.

100% agree. Whenever I put out a new feeder it usually takes just 1 or 2 to "chance" it... then 2 days later its like nothing ever happened, turns right back into the airport.

• Applause 2

• 2 weeks later...