Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Arrogance kills

Carptom1

I have read that they thought they had it won being up so much. And people were complaining about no points at the end of the half (when things started to go south). To be perfectly honest, Buffalo would have done the same. When you have Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen as your Qb, you go for the jugular. A TD would have been the end for the Bengals.

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

"Act like you've done it before" Vince Lombardi

“ Act like you have been there before “

Marcus Allen 

He would score and hand the ball to the ref like it was nothing 

( he was also scoring with OJ’s wife but that’s another story)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

I have read that they thought they had it won being up so much. And people were complaining about no points at the end of the half (when things started to go south). To be perfectly honest, Buffalo would have done the same. When you have Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen as your Qb, you go for the jugular. A TD would have been the end for the Bengals.

I know it was a chance, mahomes made a bad choice when he didn’t have to.

he was lost after the INT I think it rattled him. His short passes started looking like pop flies. He stopped trusting his eyes. You can’t be the grim reaper if your afraid 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carptom1 said:

I know it was a chance, mahomes made a bad choice when he didn’t have to.

he was lost after the INT I think it rattled him. His short passes started looking like pop flies. He stopped trusting his eyes. You can’t be the grim reaper if your afraid 

He had a very bad half of football in a very big game. He will be back in form next year. 

i will say that I think KC fans should be glad he won a Super Bowl, and that they will be in it for years to come. If the Bills will a Super Bowl with Josh, I will not care if they go 0-17 the next year (mostly serious). 

• Like 1

I appreciate your post, but I find it hard to believe they were that arrogant.

Granted, if that was my team yesterday, I'd be looking at what happened more closely, but what I DO know is the last time your teams played, KC went into halftime with a lead after scoring on their first four consecutive drives.

And they still lost that game.

How do they go into the locker room thinking anything other than "It can be deja vu all over again"?

Not doubting you. It just seems like they would have done a better job not taking that lead for granted.

On the other hand, I am curious to see what happens next year when all your opponents rush three and drop eight all the time. I know you can't rush just any three guys, but I was stunned at how your OL couldn't handle just three, because Cincy was chasing Mahomes all over the place.

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

From this Chiefs fan I am sorry we stole your opportunity. I am sure Allen would have done more with it.

Appreciate the sentiment, but not your fault we have gutless, stupid coaching on the defensive side of the ball.  We couldn't stop you all.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

Man as a Chiefs fan I have a real issue I may have to confess. I may like Josh Allen more than our own quarterback. I remember a couple years ago watching Allen make some mistakes and playing loose with the ball, but he seems to have matured past that. He also seems like a humble good guy. Yesterday I saw complete arrogance on our team. Between the failure before the half, the stupid douche dance they were doing after Kelce’s td and a total failure on offense after half. He is getting roasted today and deserves every bit of it. The Bengals came out and smacked them in the mouth after what I saw is us disrespecting them in the first half. If you are going to do that then you better be able to back it up. Hell garoppolo looked similar. All the money, fame and success has gotten to be a bit much. He is getting roasted pretty good today and rightfully so, you should expect more from him. Wonder where all the cute little Grim Reaper shirts are going? Probably shipped to Indonesia with the boxes of AFC Championship shirts they showed at rally house last night. I much would rather have lost to the Bills last Sunday in a game both teams balled in, then to give that one yesterday. From this Chiefs fan I am sorry we stole your opportunity. I am sure Allen would have done more with it. Hopefully the Royals keep me interested unti July or so.

Did you notice that the interception came after 13 seconds had been played on OT?

20 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I appreciate your post, but I find it hard to believe they were that arrogant.

Granted, if that was my team yesterday, I'd be looking at what happened more closely, but what I DO know is the last time your teams played, KC went into halftime with a lead after scoring on their first four consecutive drives.

And they still lost that game.

How do they go into the locker room thinking anything other than "It can be deja vu all over again"?

Not doubting you. It just seems like they would have done a better job not taking that lead for granted.

On the other hand, I am curious to see what happens next year when all your opponents rush three and drop eight all the time. I know you can't rush just any three guys, but I was stunned at how your OL couldn't handle just three, because Cincy was chasing Mahomes all over the place.

Agreed. The only way to beat that is with a real commitment to run. You take it in 5 or 6 yard chunks. McKinnon was running well and with a purpose then it was abandoned.

2 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Did you notice that the interception came after 13 seconds had been played on OT?

Yes, maybe people can modify all their shirts they bought after the Bills game

• Haha 5

Beer__League__Hockey
16 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

“ Act like you have been there before “

Marcus Allen 

He would score and hand the ball to the ref like it was nothing 

( he was also scoring with OJ’s wife but that’s another story)

So did Thurman.  He almost looked depressed when he'd score sometimes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

So did Thurman.  He almost looked depressed when he'd score sometimes.

One of my favorite ones was the dagger TD against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.  He acted like it was no big deal, even though it was his 3rd TD of the game (record) and put the BILLS in their 4th straight SB.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hey @Carptom1

Does Mahomes' chick bug you or what?

It's hard not to hate almost everyone who live streams anything regularly.  Rarely flattering.

The spouses of professional athletes remind me of military officer's wives.  They proudly wear their husband's rank without understanding that people have zero respect for them because they do exactly that.

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hey @Carptom1

Does Mahomes' chick bug you or what?

Absolutely. She and his brother need to go away. It all started when we played in New England like 3 years ago after they beat us in the championship game. She got into it with pats fans and tweeted some nasty stuff out and generally made an ass out of herself. It has escalated from there. Now she is crying about being bullied. He is getting roasted pretty good here. To his credit he has owned most of it and says the loss falls on him. She needs to just shut up and grow up a bit.

4 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Absolutely. She and his brother need to go away. It all started when we played in New England like 3 years ago after they beat us in the championship game. She got into it with pats fans and tweeted some nasty stuff out and generally made an ass out of herself. It has escalated from there. Now she is crying about being bullied. He is getting roasted pretty good here. To his credit he has owned most of it and says the loss falls on him. She needs to just shut up and grow up a bit.

If I were Patrick Mahomes and my brother was doing TikTok videos on the Sean Taylor memorial in DC, I'd ban him from every game I play.