Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Winter Olympics

Jackson

PELOSI WARNS US ATHLETES TO JUST SHUTUP AND COMPLETE

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent a warning message on Thursday to U.S. athletes competing in the Beijing Olympics, concluding that the Chinese communist government is "ruthless" and could damage the reputations of those competing.

Speaking at a Congressional-Executive Commission on China hearing, Pelosi told the athletes that they are "there to compete" and are not to "risk incurring the anger of the Chinese government because they are ruthless."

she goes on to add she doesn't know what the Chinese Government might do to the athletes, and their reputations and families.

Shouldn't she have thought about that before kissing their ass?

On 2/1/2022 at 1:00 PM, devnull said:

63jmwb.jpg

I'm with you there... The Winter Games were always my favorite as I like almost all the sports in it. But honestly I doubt I will watch much of any of it this go around

9 hours ago, Cinga said:

I'm with you there... The Winter Games were always my favorite as I like almost all the sports in it. But honestly I doubt I will watch much of any of it this go around

It wont go on in this house.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

It's nice that some country's governments decided not to send representatives to "protest" but if they were serious about protesting they would've held their athletes back.

Because, the politicians themselves not going over there seems to be more about fear that they themselves might actually have to quarantine rather than making a courageous stand.  Feckless prigs.

Crap Throwing Clavin

If the Olympics were being held in the US, we'd be doing largely the same thing, quarantining athletes.  And the American public would be generally, though not universally, supportive.

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

It's nice that some country's governments decided not to send representatives to "protest" but if they were serious about protesting they would've held their athletes back.

Because, the politicians themselves not going over there seems to be more about fear that they themselves might actually have to quarantine rather than making a courageous stand.  Feckless prigs.

While I agree that keeping athletes home has much more bite, I think the Chinese are very much about “face” and prestige. Keeping diplomats home might mean more in this case than merely a BS toothless message.

I also think that while the host country is trying extremely hard to control the non-sports related reporting coming out of the olympics, it likely will have a backfire effect. People see through that crap.

For me, I want to get the athletes in, get them to compete, and get them out ASAP. No need to examine the propaganda and amplify the Chinese worldview. 

The stories coming out - from the athletes themselves - about the terrible conditions quarantined athletes are being subject to, as well as the randomness of the test results, makes me wonder if the Chinese aren't gaming their COVID rules specifically to give themselves competitive advantages.

Small rooms, no equipment to remain in shape, terrible food with no regard to nutrition, etc. It seems that the only way their conditions improve is if they go on social media and create enough of an uproar that the IOC takes note and 'corrects' the issues the Chinese are imposing (all while those corrupt @$$h@l&s pretend that they didn't know what the CCP was doing.)

Edited by Koko
  • Like 2

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Koko said:

The stories coming out - from the athletes themselves - about the terrible conditions quarantined athletes are being subject to, as well as the randomness of the test results, makes me wonder if the Chinese aren't gaming their COVID rules specifically to give themselves competitive advantages.

Small rooms, no equipment to remain in shape, terrible food with no regard to nutrition, etc. It seems that the only way their conditions improve is if they go on social media and create enough of an uproar that the IOC takes note and 'corrects' the issues the Chinese are imposing (all while those corrupt @$$h@l&s pretend that they didn't know what the CCP was doing.)

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Koko said:

Small rooms, no equipment to remain in shape, terrible food with no regard to nutrition, etc. 

Or it's just living in China.

• Like 3