Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Automation

Foxx

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

As a guy that can wait to park before I answer a text, I am in no rush to give up my skilz behind the wheel trying to prove the time to arrive at the destination on my GPS wrong.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

As a guy that can wait to park before I answer a text, I am in no rush to give up my skilz behind the wheel trying to prove the time to arrive at the destination on my GPS wrong.

Pepsi began taking delivery of autonomous semi's this week.

• Wow 1

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seems politician would be an obvious choice for becoming outdated.

I'm not ready to bow to my robot overlords yet, no matter how shitty my politicians are. I'm hopeful that someone, somewhere, has already invented the Universal Kill Switch.  I mean, we've got nukes for people, shouldn't we be able to mass exterminate AI and Robots, too?  Why should they "live" without fear?  How could they really know what we know without that hammer hanging over their heads like we've got?

But anyhow, there's a Politics AI Advisor pilot project already up and running in Romania.

https://www.rferl.org/a/romania-ai-political-adviser-ion-/32304377.html

Edited by snafu

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

As someone who uses chatgpt regularly I disagree.  It will help and remove autonomous tasks but the issue in data analysis is actually understanding the context in what is being analyzed.

For the moment anyhow, it doesn’t even translate English to French properly.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

As someone who uses chatgpt regularly I disagree.  It will help and remove autonomous tasks but the issue in data analysis is actually understanding the context in what is being analyzed.

For the moment anyhow, it doesn’t even translate English to French properly.

On the other hand, I've already used it to write better articles that journalists, and better speeches than Biden gives.

Nouseforaname
32 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

On the other hand, I've already used it to write better articles that journalists, and better speeches than Biden gives.

That’s not saying much 😂

Jokes aside, it is a great tool but I’ve seen it simply help in my day to day rather than how it will replace my work.

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to start another thread for artificial intelligence so maybe @Foxx can change the title of this one.

But I think it's getting to the point that we need a thread just for all this stuff to be planted. In the past week we have had Musk warn of it's speedy growth and in the last 24 hours we have had the so called Father of AI quit google and warn that there is no way to keep bad actors from using it with malicious intent.

Speaking of which,  also this morning I heard speculation that Biden might have plans to use it to campaign for him. Let's face it, malicious or not that would be a way to fool enough people that he had his faculties about him since it would be a CGI instead of him campaigning from a basement somewhere.

I've played around with it a little, @Crap Throwing Clavineven more so and IMHO it is only as smart as the people that programmed it but CTC is correct to that what we play with isn't the real deal either, just a toy for the dumbasses. I've joked about unplugging it, but I really doubt its in a central location and even seen suggested that what one AI learns, it shares with the others so they all learn together.

So let's have fun, but understand too that this could be something serious as well.

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I didn't want to start another thread for artificial intelligence so maybe @Foxx can change the title of this one.

It would probably be a good idea to give AI it's own thread.

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It would probably be a good idea to give AI it's own thread.

Yeah, AI can be a jealous deity

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
52 minutes ago, Cinga said:

But I think it's getting to the point that we need a thread just for all this stuff to be planted. In the past week we have had Musk warn of it's speedy growth and in the last 24 hours we have had the so called Father of AI quit google and warn that there is no way to keep bad actors from using it with malicious intent.

Speaking of which,  also this morning I heard speculation that Biden might have plans to use it to campaign for him. Let's face it, malicious or not that would be a way to fool enough people that he had his faculties about him since it would be a CGI instead of him campaigning from a basement somewhere.

I've played around with it a little, @Crap Throwing Clavineven more so and IMHO it is only as smart as the people that programmed it but CTC is correct to that what we play with isn't the real deal either, just a toy for the dumbasses. I've joked about unplugging it, but I really doubt its in a central location and even seen suggested that what one AI learns, it shares with the others so they all learn together.

So let's have fun, but understand too that this could be something serious as well.

Elon came out against AI because he’s not at the center of what has been coming out.

Google’s AI investment is a failure which is most likely why he left.

Personally I can’t wait to start using copilot.