Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Shinzo Abe assassinated

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

BBC World Service this morning mentioned that Abe didn't decide to go to Nara until nearly last-minute. They're not sure how this guy was able to plan the assassination with almost no notice.

I'm guessing he didn't really plan it out; he just got past lax security. Almost impossible for any security service to plan for a determined loner.

• Cheers 4

52 minutes ago, Koko said:

BBC World Service this morning mentioned that Abe didn't decide to go to Nara until nearly last-minute. They're not sure how this guy was able to plan the assassination with almost no notice.

I'm guessing he didn't really plan it out; he just got past lax security. Almost impossible for any security service to plan for a determined loner.

Yup.  A guy like that often goes on impulse.   I still think Oswald decided to shoot Kennedy when he saw the parade route in that morning's newspapers.

• O Rly 1

Nouseforaname
20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  A guy like that often goes on impulse.   I still think Oswald decided to shoot Kennedy when he saw the parade route in that morning's newspapers.

So it wasn’t an Irish guy that got orders from joe Pesci?

Japan has such a restrictive society, I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often . 

Edited by Nouseforaname

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Koko said:

Chances of him being a loner is slim to none. And slim just walked out the door. 

From the equipment to his background, it screams MSS. 

Nouseforaname
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Chances of him being a loner is slim to none. And slim just walked out the door. 

From the equipment to his background, it screams MSS. 

What is MSS?

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I understand that thinking - but: If that were the case, why assign Dulles to the commission? 

The only reason you put a man fired by JFK in that spot is to control the coverup. 

• Love 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Don’t worry about it. 

It’s an honest question, I googled it and couldn’t find anything.

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

It’s an honest question, I googled it and couldn’t find anything.

Chinese intelligence service.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Chinese intelligence service.

Wouldn't that be CIS instead of MMS?

Oh, wait. That's how they get you. :classic_laugh:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/oya1.gif

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Wouldn't that be CIS instead of MMS?

Oh, wait. That's how they get you. :classic_laugh:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/oya1.gif

:beer: 

For those interested, it stands for Ministry of State Security. And they're in the top 3 of intelligence outfits in the world, mainly because since HRC's term as SecState, we've given them a free run to take out our HUMINT network within China. We've been playing catch up since then on the intelligence front. 

Crap Throwing Clavin

Dissatisfied Japanese military officer shoots a Japanese politician?

Last time that happened was...100 years ago.  That turned out badly.

• Like 3