Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

When will Sean McClappity's First "signature" win happen? <<SATIRE>>

Joe

I'm very concerned that the clapper hasn't had a signature win against a playoff team yet!

I'm so concerned that I may have to drink some bleach.

Are you concerned? I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm very concerned that the clapper hasn't had a signature win against a playoff team yet!

I'm so concerned that I may have to drink some bleach.

Are you concerned? I'm concerned.

Joe, in all seriousness, you thought yesterday's game was going to be a blowout and made fun of anyone who suggested it could be a close game.

But since you started this thread, the post from tardville does bring up a valid point.  McD has been undressed more often than not when he's up against very good coaches and teams.   Off the top of your head, in his 4th season, name 3 big wins against playoff teams.

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Joe, in all seriousness, you thought yesterday's game was going to be a blowout and made fun of anyone who suggested it could be a close game.

But since you started this thread, the post from tardville does bring up a valid point.  McD has been undressed more often than not when he's up against very good coaches and teams.   Off the top of your head, in his 4th season, name 3 big wins against playoff teams.

2017 Chiefs AT KC

2019 Titans AT Tennessee

2020 Rams at home

Anything else?

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

2017 Chiefs AT KC

2019 Titans AT Tennessee

2020 Rams at home

Anything else?

2020 Rams aren't a playoff team yet.  Anything else?

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

2020 Rams aren't a playoff team yet.  Anything else?

Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better about being wrong, man.

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Joe, shall we count the respective hot takes?

Go right ahead man. I'll stand by my takes.

Your (and half of tardville's) brazen statement is McD's never won big games, it's just patently and provably false.

47 minutes ago, Joe said:

Go right ahead man. I'll stand by my takes.

Your (and half of tardville's) brazen statement is McD's never won big games, it's just patently and provably false.

Just within the last week?

Oliver sucks.  Bills will blow out the Jets, despite obvious Bills questions coming into the game.

That you could only name 2 "signature" wins in 3.5 years of McDermott coached teams should give you an indication that the theory is not outlandish.  McDermott always seems to be flatfooted when needed against top echelon teams. 

Oliver most definitely was NOT worth a top 10 pick, based on the production.

Period.

And yeah, I was wrong on the blowout. It happens, and unlike the residents of tardville (and apparently YOU), I can admit when a prediction is wrong.

Whoa, first I disavow anything I saw on game days as anything other than unadulterated hot takes. I have no filter. When the Jets got a first down I was practically whipping myself, crying, and convincing myself that God hates me, the Bills, Buffalo, Western New York, and that I actually died years ago, and the Bills losing awful football games is my hell. I believe all that EVERY game day. So, anything I say during game day doesn't count. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Whoa, first I disavow anything I saw on game days as anything other than unadulterated hot takes. I have no filter. When the Jets got a first down I was practically whipping myself, crying, and convincing myself that God hates me, the Bills, Buffalo, Western New York, and that I actually died years ago, and the Bills losing awful football games is my hell. I believe all that EVERY game day. So, anything I say during game day doesn't count. 

Not directed at you, el dudereenio

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not directed at you, el dudereenio

It was more of a blanket statement to cover everybody. Game day takes are purely game day takes. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

It was more of a blanket statement to cover everybody. Game day takes are purely game day takes. 

Problem is, in some places this is a post-win take.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Get that dirt off your shoulder and don’t worry about it. 

I sometimes wonder what's wrong with most Bills fans.

After 20 years of abject failure, they complain about success.

🤣

29 minutes ago, Joe said:

I sometimes wonder what's wrong with most Bills fans.

After 20 years of abject failure, they complain about success.

🤣

What's wrong with most Bills fans is our relationship with the Bills for the past 20 years has been one of abuse, and the new team feels very different than the past 20 years.

But even after a woman leaves her abusive husband, she flinches the moment someone else raises a hand. It's the whole "I've been hurt before" shit.

I know. It's me every weekend. Up two scores with 2 minutes left? Sorry. Waiting for the husband to beat me again.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What's wrong with most Bills fans is our relationship with the Bills for the past 20 years has been one of abuse, and the new team feels very different than the past 20 years.

But even after a woman leaves her abusive husband, she flinches the moment someone else raises a hand. It's the whole "I've been hurt before" shit.

I know. It's me every weekend. Up two scores with 2 minutes left? Sorry. Waiting for the husband to beat me again.

It's odd, I haven't had that problem too much. 1Q yesterday I was angry, but never felt hopeless.