Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Week 2: The Rest of the NFL

Alaska Darin

We stopped at a rest stop on 90 that hubby said was filled with Browns fans. That is dedication heading to that preseason game. It is pouring, not pouring,  pouring,  not pouring,  and all to see a team without a QB for the first 11 weeks. 

4 hours ago, Ann said:

We stopped at a rest stop on 90 that hubby said was filled with Browns fans. That is dedication heading to that preseason game. It is pouring, not pouring,  pouring,  not pouring,  and all to see a team without a QB for the first 11 weeks. 

Browns fans be like...

• Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1

A few sub-plots for the G-men in tonight's game against the Bengals. If Jones doesn't do well tonight, does he get benched in favor of Tuh-rod?

• Like 1

I'm a little confused. I saw the play highlighted below when it happened in the game. 

At halftime, the talking heads, including Baldy, who I like a lot, explained that Thibedoux was in error here for how he got into position, and they said he'll never do that again.

Yet everyone else wants the guy who hit him fined and killed.

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

A few sub-plots for the G-men in tonight's game against the Bengals. If Jones doesn't do well tonight, does he get benched in favor of Tuh-rod?

Being a self-admitted homer, I rarely see the obvious flaws in a Bills quarterback because my desire for them to succeed, and belief they will overcome shortcomings, far exceeds my desire to believe what I'm actually seeing. 

On the other hand, every criticism I've ever heard about Tyrod's faults as a QB were clear to my eyes last night while he was under center for the Gints. Its 3rd and 10, he checks it down to a five-yard completion just before the Giants color guy explains that he missed a wide open (fill in the name) streaking upfield.  Dumps off another pass while the color explains that Tyrod never looked for (fill in the name) who was wide open 20 yards upfield.

Pretty strong arm. Poor vision. 

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Considering the line Allen was behind & the "competent" WR corps he was throwing to for the 1st 1/2 of that stretch, it's actually impressive that Josh's #'s were that good.

Don't disparage Home Depot day laborers like that!

• Haha 3

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Being a self-admitted homer, I rarely see the obvious flaws in a Bills quarterback because my desire for them to succeed, and belief they will overcome shortcomings, far exceeds my desire to believe what I'm actually seeing. 

On the other hand, every criticism I've ever heard about Tyrod's faults as a QB were clear to my eyes last night while he was under center for the Gints. Its 3rd and 10, he checks it down to a five-yard completion just before the Giants color guy explains that he missed a wide open (fill in the name) streaking upfield.  Dumps off another pass while the color explains that Tyrod never looked for (fill in the name) who was wide open 20 yards upfield.

Pretty strong arm. Poor vision.

He's just a limited guy.  Worse than that, he doesn't use his legs even when the opportunity clearly presents itself.

He's kinda the Olanim of QBs.  Just doesn't have the football instincts required for the position he plays.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's just a limited guy.  Worse than that, he doesn't use his legs even when the opportunity clearly presents itself.

He's kinda the Olanim of QBs.  Just doesn't have the football instincts required for the position he plays.

He did that yesterday as well. Rolling right, nothing but green in front of him, throws a shitty pass into coverage. 

I'm watching Kromer make Bobby Hart serviceable. We need a Kromer for Olanim.

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He protects the ball, though.  That's about the only thing he's got going for him.  He's not the guy to lead you to the promised land...but while you're rebuilding a team and waiting for the guy who'll lead you to the promised land, Taylor's not a bad "caretaker" QB.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

He is 16-6 since then.....but who is counting

It's fun to watch people who clearly didn't watch much of Allen beyond the high/low lights try to find the next "once in a generation" QB using stupid stuff like stats, as if there are no other variables to consider.

I know I'm a little bit like a broken record when I say most QBs are ruined, not made.  I was REALLY worried the BILLS were going to ruin Allen playing with that dumpster fire of an offense in his rookie year but the guy's constitution to be awesome was beyond even that.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's fun to watch people who clearly didn't watch much of Allen beyond the high/low lights try to find the next "once in a generation" QB using stupid stuff like stats, as if there are no other variables to consider.

I know I'm a little bit like a broken record when I say most QBs are ruined, not made.  I was REALLY worried the BILLS were going to ruin Allen playing with that dumpster fire of an offense in his rookie year but the guy's constitution to be awesome was beyond even that.

Truth!

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

blah, blah, blah 300 yards passing,  blah, blah, blah

• Applause 2